cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 360 box is offline, or not connecting.

NEILLY1611
Just joined

Has anyone had this issue in the past that can provide me with some advice.

When i try to play recordrdins on the min 360 box i get the message The 350 box is offline, or not connecting. Turn it on to watch your recordings

I can confirm the box is on and connected via ethernet with perfect connection. I have also rebooted the Main 360 box and still get the same message when trying to play recordings via min 360

Thanks in advance for any tips and advice

Neil

9 REPLIES 9

roy247
Community elder

When you say the main box is on is it in standby or actually on and in use. If it's in standby both boxes need to be set to Fast start or Active start in power settings so the mini can activate the main box and retrieve recordings. Is your mini connected via wifi and is on demand and catchup OK.

Swf
Fibre optic

Had the same thing this last night/today.

I rebooted the box I was using and it worked. Only had 360 a few days so hoping it is a one off

I rebooted my WiFi extender at the same time 

stevemorgan
Superfast

I’ve had this tonight on my main box which is what I am using to record, it is saying it is not connected though everything has recorded so far.

It happened to me too yesterday evening. Both my boxes (upgraded V6s) are set to 'Fast Start' yet the on-screen message box had the warning that my second box - the one I was trying to record to - was offline. The recording could not be set. Not a big deal as I set the recording on the box I was using at the time. My boxes have just received the 4.32 software update and this is the first time I have received this warning. I wonder if this is a bug that has crept into the update.

Following on from my previous post, yesterday evening I attempted to set a recording on my bedroom box but was informed via an on-screen box that my living room box was offline and setting the recording failed. I then set the recording on my bedroom box. When I tried to review it this morning on my living room box it stated that it was a planned recording even though it was in my saved recordings section. I went to my bedroom box and the recording was in the saved recordings and is playing back as normal. I re-booted both boxes and everything was back to normal. This has only happened since the 4.32 update. A new bug?

Mine in on 4.31 still. 

jimboy56
Dialled in

had it yesterday on my main box, on 4.31

I think a bug must have crept into the system. There are now several threads on this forum complaining about similar or related problems.

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @NEILLY1611

Thanks for posting on the community forum!

Could you reboot all of the boxes for me and test this again? I'd like to have a look at the boxes after this reboot. 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs