cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telewest Box - V360 box splitter unable to connect

JOC3
Tuning in

Hi

We received our new box yesterday after previously having a TIVO box, which used to connect straight into the Telewest TV Box on the wall in our lounge using a coaxial cable.

The splitter supplied for the new tv box is way to short to fit from the TV box to the hub as the hub is in another room downstairs and the connections don't fit into the Telewest box at all

The Telewest broadband box is on a wall upstairs and is cabled to the hub through trunking on the wall.

Can I use a standard long length ethernet cable to run from the back of the hub to the ethernet port on the V360 box the same as I do for my PC?  

Will this cause any issue with the signal and will we still be able to watch live tv.  I realise there is an option to connect wirelessly but unsure if we still need a TV connection.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

JOC

12 REPLIES 12

I have attached a picture of the items in the V360 box when openedv360 box.PNG

Hi  

This is what was in my box when receiving it.  From my earlier post it seems I do not have all the equipment?  Please advise, virgin sent me a replacement power adaptor which I will return as I have one.  Can I get the coax adapter from a hardware shop as we have had the box for almost 2 weeks and not been able to use it, or am I doing something wrong with the kit supplied?

Thanks

v360 box.PNG

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply JOC3.

I am sorry this has not been included with the package. 

I will pop you over a private message to take a few details and we will be able to assist further. 

This message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat