Menu
martinianpaul
Up to speed
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Talking Pictures TV always records late

Easily sorted manually obviously, but I'm wondering why all recordings on TPTV start a few minutes into the programme? 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Talking Pictures TV always records late

Are you saying the recordings start later than the scheduled start time of the programme that's set to record?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I've been recording Robin Hood and also The Champions on Talking Pictures and had no issues with the recordings starting after the program has commenced.

I haven't added any padding to the recordings, although looking at the Advanced Options under Saved my next episode of The Champions is set to start 1 minute before the program begins.

Testing other programs without actually recording them, they all have the 1 minute buffer before the program starts. 

In the Advanced Options you can set this to start recording None, 15 sec, 30 sec, 1 min, 2 mins, 5 mins and 10 mins before the program starts.

In the Advanced Options you can also set this to end the recording None,  1, 2, 5  and 15 mins, and 1, 2 and 3 hours after the program ends.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

martinianpaul
Up to speed
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes, about 4mins after the programme starts. You can see from the duration indicator the show is already broadcasting.  Only happens on TPTV.  V strange. 

0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi martinianpaul, thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you've encountered this issue with delayed start-times on TPTV recordings. Out of curiosity what box are you using? I will test a recording from my V6 to see if I can replicate it. 

Tom 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Tom_F 

I tried a couple of test recordings from TPTV on my V6 the last few days and they all behaved as expected.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just to keep the thread updated - I tried a test recording without issues too. If it's still a problem for you martinianpaul let us know what kind of box you're using and we'll see if we can do more testing/feed it back as necessary. 

Tom 

0 Kudos
martinianpaul
Up to speed
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

360 box

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @martinianpaul,

Thank you for coming back to us about this and for letting us know what type of TV box you currently own. 

Can you confirm if you've tried to adjust the time when the recording starts in your Settings Options?  Has that resolved your issue?

Please let us know.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
martinianpaul
Up to speed
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes i have and yes it does. My point is that only programmes on the TPTV channel require this adjustment. 

0 Kudos