cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360

BenjaminMarr
Joining in

Being blind and disabled, am thinking of upgrading my TiVo box to the TV360 because of its voice control facilities.

However, all the bundles on offer seem to require to also sign up for Virgin Broadband as well. I do not wish to change my broadband provider, as this would cause me far too much inconvenience with reprogramming all my voice-activated smart-home devices.

Please can I get confirmation that I can sign up just for the TV360, keep my existing broadband provider and connect the new TV360 box to my current internet service.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

WoahWoahUser
Up to speed

You can only get a V6/360 box if you have a virgin broadband connection. This is because they don’t have an inbuilt modem unlike the Tivo - which i’m guessing is what you have. You could bundle their lowest 50Mb connection if 360’s voice features are a very high requirement but it would be quite expensive to do so.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TiVo has an inbuilt internet connection for OnDemand & streaming services, the V6 & 360 boxes - which are the same underlying hardware - don't.

That's the reason why, as you've probably already established, V6 & 360 boxes require VM home broadband. This is non negotiable, many of the functions are only designed to work over a Virgin connection. If you are a TV-only customer with VM, you are restricted to a TiVo box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks