Menu
Mrchaz
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV360 upgrade cost

Can anyone give me a definitive price on the upgrade. We have 3 V6 boxes and see the upgrade is £24.99 but is this per box or total? The Indian call centre didn't have clue and first told me that the cost is for up to 2 boxes and when I said we have 3 they came back with it'll be an extra £5 per month on my package but still didn't have a clue about upgrading 3 boxes. I've tried going through the upgrade process on line and get to a point where it tells me I have to talk to someone and that's where it all falls apart. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV360 upgrade cost

Hi Mrchaz,

When I upgraded my two V6 boxes to 360 I was charged £24.95 in total for the new remotes, so it looks like the remotes are charged per account, and not per box.

Customers currently pay £10 for and extra box unless they are on the Ultimate Oomph package where the second box is included in the package price. Any additional boxes after that are £5 each.

You  don't need to worry about any further charges for having additional boxes if upgrading to 360, as the additional box charges will already be included in your current deal.

It's very likely that you have two V6 boxes and a TIVO box, and this will be why you need to talk to someone, as it will require a box swap for the TIVO,  and the VM systems don't allow the third 360 box without an engineer visit, and engineer visits currently aren't taking place apart from new customer installs and faults.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

For starters, the point is moot as you have 3 boxes. The "Quick Start" remote software method of migrating to V360 only works for upto 2 boxes in the house (for various reasons). 3 or more boxes can't be done via this method and often requires an engineer visit.

VM currently aren't arranging engineer visits for anything other than single-box installs or fault-fix work, of which this is neither.

I'm afraid you're into "watch this space" territory.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

vjselondon
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I got thru to Virgin via their messaging system and after around an hour...

I have a full house bundle with sky sports and was told I will receive a free 360 voice remote by Saturday 17th April...

As they are sending me the remote, hopefully they will automatically upgrade my V6 box....

Hope blooms eternal..

VJ

0 Kudos
Mrchaz
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

All 3 boxes are V6 which is why is seems to be confusing VM.

0 Kudos
stephentucker
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The whole '3 box ' issue is why I am now reluctantly moving to Sky Q at the end of the month. Be aware, they currently CANNOT and WILL NOT update 3 boxes from TIVO to 360. Unfortunately, when I renewed my ultimate oomph package 3 weeks ago. they categorically promised me they could and offered me a very tasty financial incentive to stay. I was advised that the two V6's would be software updates with remotes sent to me through the post, which DID all happen successfully. However the third old TIVO box would need to be a physical swap over. First they said by engineer's visit, then they changed to self install. Neither happened and because I had by now updated the two V6 boxes, they had no choice but to switch off my old TIVO because the systems cant run side by side on different boxes. So for nearly three weeks since, my son has had no TV in his room at all.

The reason is that 3 boxes of any type has to be done by an engineers visit and as others have said, this simply isn't happening at the moment.

unisoft
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Who makes up these silly rules at VM Towers?

If 2 boxes upgrade fine, why can't a third?

Ultimately they lose customers on the packages generating more revenue.

0 Kudos