cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 boxes - Errors when trying to Record or pause Live TV

backtothefuture
Well-informed

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing the problem ?

On the main box if you press pause when watching a channel eg, Channel 4, it just comes up with the error message - 'Channel Failed'.

When trying to record a programme it comes up with the error - 'Sorry, we couldn't do this for you.  Please try again later.'

The same issues occur with the mini box.

Any ideas ?

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have any issues setting recordings? Both for a programme that's currently broadcast, and also for future ones.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

backtothefuture
Well-informed

Same with any recordings.  Also unable to play recordings already made.

No series links are showing up either.

On the other box (Mini), when trying to play a recording it says 'Oops, we couldn't connect to Virgin TV 1.  Please try again.'

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In that case, these symptoms are consistent with a hard drive error in the master box.

A factory reset, with the option to keep recordings, would be one throw of the dice, but I'm reluctant to suggest this as it will potentially put the box into a boot loop if the HDD has failed.

You might be wise to report this as a fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

backtothefuture
Well-informed

Thanks.  I'll talk to my friend about the issue as it is her equipment that is playing up.

It does make sense though that it would be the hard drive.