Menu
mrontheball
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

TV360 - a serious downgrade from V6 with multiple issues - I'm not a beta tester

I feel seriously duped by signing up to the 360 service and letting my main and secondary V6 boxes go back to base.

This concept of a slave 360 box piggy backing off the main 360 box, might seem like a great digital idea but seriously why roll this out without an efficient support page - its a travesty when it takes up to a hour to speak to someone, if you can get through, when the error codes that appear on screen can't even be found on the website. My problems started when I was told by phone support that the lack of a pause live tv function on the slave box was a fault and not an inbuilt feature that turns off after 2 to 3 minutes, so I agreed to let an engineer change the slave box. What a waste of time that was, especially as he left without testing it, and wow what a surprise, we're back only being able to pause live tv for 2 to 3 minutes. Arrgh I thought why not try and record live tv and then rewind ... no such luck ... 360 box says no - you don't have access to a hard drive - error CS6031. Seriously two of the most basic functiosn of the box - instant pause and record don't work .... tried 3 times to get through to phone support but no such luck although I quiet like the canned music ... anyone had a howler of an experience like mine ... and more importantly if they have .. have they resolved it in any way ... I live in hope of a positive outcome some time before 2021

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV360 - a serious downgrade from V6 with multiple issues - I'm not a beta tester

If you've not sent your letter to Santa yet maybe you could ask for a fix for Christmas.

0 Kudos
mrontheball
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV360 - a serious downgrade from V6 with multiple issues - I'm not a beta tester

I'm ahead of you .. the letter went off to the North Pole last week but I'm sceptical Santa's Virgin Media elves will be coming down the chimney with 2 gleaming old style V6 boxes to secretly plumb in as they scoff the mince pies left out ... we can but dream ... then again a friendly Virgin Media employee forum reader might stumble upon this message and make it their goal to act as a surrogate Santa

TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

From what i understand on the Mini boxes you can only pause live tv  for a few minutes unlike the main boxes. With regards to recording you should be able to record from the mini box and it should save it on your main box.

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Because the mini box has no HDD, apart from not storing local recordings it doesn't have much buffering capacity because it can't use the HDD for swop space, the V6 once a channel was selected it would continue recording that channel with the last hour available, it would do this on all 6 tuners. The mini box uses local memory and is capable of buffering 2 to 3 mins, I would guess 4k content being a lot less than SD content.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@mrontheball wrote:

I'm ahead of you .. the letter went off to the North Pole last week but I'm sceptical Santa's Virgin Media elves will be coming down the chimney with 2 gleaming old style V6 boxes to secretly plumb in as they scoff the mince pies left out ... we can but dream ... then again a friendly Virgin Media employee forum reader might stumble upon this message and make it their goal to act as a surrogate Santa

Probably because they are elf isolating. 😄

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

mrontheball I forgot to say happy Christmas. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi mrontheball,

When you received the error "360 box says no - you don't have access to a hard drive - error CS6031" - was your main 360 box turned off? If so that's why you didn't have access to the hard drive.

Mini boxes will only pause for a max of around two and a half minutes.  The main box however buffers for around 3 hours

Press record if you want to pause the mini box for more than a few minutes, but ensure the main 360 is switched on so the mini can record to the hard drive.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
vircom
Super solver
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Sadly these problems are often the norm for pilots/trials/betas and early adopters have the pain of ironing them out. Many thanks to you and others for taking on this task, I will wait until you all report it is working okay. Even then I may well hold onto the V6 for as long as possible to give the family chance to watch all the old recordings and avoid being held responsible for anything they don’t like about the 360.

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The box is always in standby mode, unless turned off at the plug, so you should be able to watch recordings on the mini box without having to turn the main box on. This was always the case with the V6, I must admit I haven't tried it yet with the 360 and mini, but if it doesn't work when in standby then network access must be switched off, so the mini box can't connect, how does virgin download updates to the box coax or ethernet ?

0 Kudos