Menu
techifan
Superfast
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV360 / V6 Video quality comparison

I have been following the various posts but I just have a few questions.

I have a new CX 4K LG OLED and currently have it connected to my V6 box.

All V6 resolutions and pass throughs are selected/ticked as i prefer to have the tv do the all the upscaling and i get excellent picture quality.

I am thinking about upgrading my 2 x V6 box's to the new 360 software but can anyone confirm if there is still the option to pass through all resolutions using the new 360 software running on a V6 box ?

Also how does the picture quality compare after upgrading your V6 box to the new 360 software, same, better or worse ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV360 / V6 Video quality comparison

I feel the picture quality on my Sony 4K TV looks better on TV 360 than V6. There are no Pass Thru options on the TV 360 software so I believe that Pass Thru may no longer be supported either that or it just does it automatically. Can any Virgin Mods or workers confirm if this is correct and if it is not supported is it planned to be added?

paul0363
Rising star
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There's no "pass through" as implented on the V6 but there is a "match frame rate" option in the settings which performs a similar function.

The resolution is also fixed (either by using "auto" which will set it to match your TV's capability or by manually selecting the resolution).

I haven't noticed any degradation in PQ from the V6 (I have a 65" 4K LG E6 OLED connected to the main box) even when letting the 360 do the upscaling.

techifan
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies.

Sounds promising.

Apologies if you already know this but you should be able to check the video resolution being sent to your tv by selecting the info button on your TV remote.

As said i have a LG 55CX OLED so other LG owners should know this but if you press the info button on the tv remote (button with three dots on magic remote) it shows the received video resolution being sent from the V6.

So in my case on my V6 box if i select BBC 1 SD which is sent as 576i or BBC 1 HD which is sent as 1080i or VM Ultra HD channel which is sent as 2160p those resolutions correctly show in the information confirming that my tv is doing the upscaling and not the V6 box.

0 Kudos
tafrock
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I still have HD no 4k yet for me and both me and the wife swear the picture quality is better. And I thought it was superb before