cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 Upgrade failed error MA1/4/40

jonathang1
Tuning in

Hi, I have an engineer coming out next Weds but I'm hoping the issue can be resolved here? I have two V6 boxes, one upgraded itself successfully on Tuesday as it was left on overnight having received the new remotes in the post. The other main box just shows an error message saying upgrade failed and an error code of MA1/4/40. I have spent 3 hours on 3 separate calls to support, they have reset the box remotely and I have powered it down several times. Same error message every time I select the upgrade option from the home menu. The last support person I spoke to said an engineer needs to visit with a replacement V6 box, which I have booked for next Weds. Is there anything I can do in the meantime to resolve this myself? The V6 box works fine in the old format, just won't execute the upgrade. Having read some info on the forum I'm concerned that the engineer will say it's a central configuration issue or my account doesn't have TV360 configured for this box. After all the time I've spent doing this upgrade for free I need a resolution. What is the cause of getting error code?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jonathang1 

Sometimes that error code is linked to the account. If that's the case and the back office team can't update through the systems then it requires a tech to switch the box out for another one and then update the sustems with the new box serial numbers etc,

A few other forum users with this error have managed to perform the update by either removing the box from the mains for five minues and trying again, or by deleting recordings to make more space and then trying again.

You could also try a full factory reset of the V6 as you've nothing to lose - the box would be reformatted anyway as part of the upgrade to 360 so all recordings would be lost,  and the same if tech have to swap it for another box.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jonathang1 

Sometimes that error code is linked to the account. If that's the case and the back office team can't update through the systems then it requires a tech to switch the box out for another one and then update the sustems with the new box serial numbers etc,

A few other forum users with this error have managed to perform the update by either removing the box from the mains for five minues and trying again, or by deleting recordings to make more space and then trying again.

You could also try a full factory reset of the V6 as you've nothing to lose - the box would be reformatted anyway as part of the upgrade to 360 so all recordings would be lost,  and the same if tech have to swap it for another box.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave @newappollo, I'm doing the full factory reset now which deletes everything. I will then power the box down for 5 mins and give it a try. Nothing to lose as you say and if I can avoid waiting in for the engineer then so much the better. After this I don't think there's anything else I can do.

I should also say that my experience with the telephone support was poor. The first two people I spoke to didn't seem to have a clue and the third had to call me back next day as he couldn't authorise a new V6 box being sent out! In the end they are sending an engineer and not a replacement box, although I'm sure they'll have one in the van. Three hours of my time it's cost me so far which I won't be compensated for. Very annoying bearing in mind it was Virgin that encouraged me to take the upgrade.

Thanks Dave, did the factory reset and it has downloaded the new TV360 software and upgraded! Brilliant, shame the telephone support guys couldn't have suggested it. Have now set up my series links and all is well so far and it has also linked to our other upgraded V6 box. Need to cancel the engineer now though! Great news, thanks again Dave 😁👏

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @jonathang1 

Thanks for the update. That's brilliant news.

Any problems just create a new post.

You might want to bookmark the following page to help you get used to the 360

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/virgin-tv-360 

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.