cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 Startup Loop

davorg
Up to speed

Woke up this morning to find my TV360 box has gone into some kind of (seemingly) endless loop when trying to start up.

It shows what I assume is a software download icon for a few minutes before switching to the "Welcome/Welkom/Bienvenu" page. It displays that for a minute or so before giving up and going back to the download icon.

I've been watching this go on for 45 minutes so far - but I assume it started overnight when it tried to update the software.

@davorg
Former Cable & Wireless and ntl customer
15 REPLIES 15

Well, the web page at https://virg.in/autocomp/ only says that TV service isn't included in the automatic compensation system. Having talked to VM support on Twitter today, they acknowledge that I'm entitled to compensation, but say I need to phone to sort this out. I'll try doing it through the WhatsApp chat first.

Dave...

@davorg

Hey davorg, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to you are having some issues with the automatic compensation scheme.

I have taken a look from my side and I can see you have been speaking to the team recently about this, did they manage to get this resolved for you? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt,

I'm not "having some issues with the automatic compensation scheme". One of your colleagues here gave me false information. John_GS told me that compensation didn't apply to TV problems, but it's only the automatic compensation that doesn't apply. I'm still able to raise a complaint and apply for compensation manually.

I spoke to someone on the WhatsApp chat yesterday and it has been escalated to management. I'll chase it later in the week to see what has happened.

But to reiterate for anyone else reading this. Don't believe the support agents if they tell you that you can't get compensation for TV issues. You can't get automatic compensation, but you can still ask for compensation.

Dave...

@davorg

Hello davorg.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

We are very sorry for the misinformation given to you.

Can you please let me know how the escalation goes.

We can help from here if needed.

Regards 

Gareth_L

@John_GS wrote:

Thanks for coming back to the thread. Compensation only applies for the Telephone and Broadband service, not TV. Please see more here - virg.in/autocomp

Just to give some closure on this. I contacted support through WhatsApp and (9 days later!) I was offered £10 compensation. When I expressed disappointment with the amount. this was doubled to £20.

So it is worth asking for compensation for TV outages. You will get some money back - no matter what @John_GS claims.

Dave...

@davorg

Hello davorg.

Thank you for the update.

Sorry for the inconvenience we have caused you.

Were here if you need anything else at all.

Gareth_L