cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 Startup Loop

davorg
Up to speed

Woke up this morning to find my TV360 box has gone into some kind of (seemingly) endless loop when trying to start up.

It shows what I assume is a software download icon for a few minutes before switching to the "Welcome/Welkom/Bienvenu" page. It displays that for a minute or so before giving up and going back to the download icon.

I've been watching this go on for 45 minutes so far - but I assume it started overnight when it tried to update the software.

@davorg
Former Cable & Wireless and ntl customer
15 REPLIES 15

bigbadbod
Dialled in

I am having the same problem, in Teesside. 

davorg
Up to speed

An update: I've switched the box off and on again and it's gone right back into the same loop.

@davorg

Yup, tried it numerous times since 7.15 this morning. 

davorg
Up to speed

Restarted the TV360 box again and now it's stopped showing the download screen. It's now just the "Welcome" screen with occasional fades to black.

Call customer support. They answered in 20 minutes. Apparently, I need an engineer to visit. Which can't happen until next Monday (5 days away).

I'm really not happy with VM's levels of support right now.

Dave...

@davorg

Brilliant, I am at work, not got time to hang around on a call centre call.

Paying more and more for worse and worse services, am not in contract, so looks like it is time to call it a day and pull the plug. 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you're both facing issues with your TV360 Boxes. @davorg, I've had a look at things on our end, and I can see that the appointment was booked in for the earliest timeslot available. Unfortunately, we are currently seeing a higher than usual demand in our Technician callouts, and it can take a little longer than expected for a visit to be completed.

@bigbadbod, I've had a look at your services, and can see you're also awaiting a Technician visit regarding this issue.

Please do let us know how things go after the visit, and we'll be happy to assist further, if needed.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

The technician came round on Monday (so I was without my TV service for 5 days - how do I get compensation for that) and replaced the TV360 box.

He said that he's seen a few old V6 boxes like mine that have been rather flakey after the upgrade to TV360. Hopefully the replacement box will be better.

@davorg

Hi davorg, 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. Compensation only applies for the Telephone and Broadband service, not TV. Please see more here - virg.in/autocomp

Let us know if you get any issues with the replacement box.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Wait, what?

How can I be without my TV service for five days and not get compensated for that? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Are you determined to lose customers?

Dave...

@davorg