cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 Remote will not Pair with Phillips 6700 series TV

GaryL1
Joining in

We had TV360 & broadband installed yesterday and every thing seems to be working perfectly except we can not get the remote to pair with our Phillips 6700 series (2019) Smart TV which is the main one we watch – has any body found a fix for this?

Our 2nd  smaller TV is a Samsung and the TV360 remote works perfectly with that TV

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi GaryL1 

It may seem odd but a few people have been able to successfully set up the remote by using new batteries even though it's a new remote.

Please try the following method. Put the box into 'Pairing Mode' by pressing the Standby/On button on the front of the box for 10 seconds. Then using the remote control, press and hold the 'TV' button and the '0' button together for 10 seconds. And fingers crossed hopefully a  message should appear on the screen confirming that pairing was successful.

Failing that have you tried factory resetting the remote?

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the 360 remote. After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing.

Most devices can be set up by entering the first four characters after the screen size or model name, or by entering four consecutive characters from the model name.

With for instance the PHILIPS 50PUS7607/12 50" 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV 

Under Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices > Philips   I would try entering  PUS7, or 7607.   Also try entering 6700 as the device model number

Did you  try the key testing method?

Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices

Don't just accept the first one that appears to work. Try a few more as (like VM's  older V6 and Tivo boxes) there are often 3 or 4 that will work, some more fully than others.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi GaryL1 

It may seem odd but a few people have been able to successfully set up the remote by using new batteries even though it's a new remote.

Please try the following method. Put the box into 'Pairing Mode' by pressing the Standby/On button on the front of the box for 10 seconds. Then using the remote control, press and hold the 'TV' button and the '0' button together for 10 seconds. And fingers crossed hopefully a  message should appear on the screen confirming that pairing was successful.

Failing that have you tried factory resetting the remote?

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the 360 remote. After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing.

Most devices can be set up by entering the first four characters after the screen size or model name, or by entering four consecutive characters from the model name.

With for instance the PHILIPS 50PUS7607/12 50" 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV 

Under Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices > Philips   I would try entering  PUS7, or 7607.   Also try entering 6700 as the device model number

Did you  try the key testing method?

Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > TV devices

Don't just accept the first one that appears to work. Try a few more as (like VM's  older V6 and Tivo boxes) there are often 3 or 4 that will work, some more fully than others.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

GaryL1
Joining in

Hi Dave Thanks for the reply - I will try the batteries out method (even though this remote will pair with the Samsung TV without any issue) - I have tried the 'press and hold the 'TV' button and the '0' button together for 10 second' and also tried the key testing procedure but to no avail but I have not tried the remote reset procedure so I will give that a go too 

Hi I have tried all those options and none of them work - is there anything else I can try? 

Hi @GaryL1 thanks for your post here although we're sorry to hear that the remote is not pairing with your TV.

If you have tried all the key codes with no success, unfortunately it may be that the TV is not compatible with the remote and we're extremely sorry for this.

Codes are updated though so fingers crossed that in the future, this can work for you going forwards.

Many thanks

Tom_W

MuratIs
On our wavelength

Could you please update the list to include codes for Philips 32phh4100/88 model TV?  it is very frustrating that remote requires a brand new tv work..