cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 Network Issue After Downgrade

dfhage
On our wavelength

My Tivo 360 Box has been having a C133 errors for a few days now. Have tried all the suggestion that the Virgin TV bots suggest. Funnily enough these started as I have cancelled my Virgin Broadband and Telephone, leaving only a Tivo 360. It can connect to the network over Ethernet or WiFi, but the negotiation fails with 

Staus: Failed Whilst Negotiating

My thoughts are that we had 2 Tivo boxes, and have given up one, and Virgin have removed the wrong Tivo from the account. Is there any way I can check this without spending hours on the phone ?

Many thank

Dave

13 REPLIES 13

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dfhage wrote:

My Tivo 360 Box has been having a C133 errors for a few days now. Have tried all the suggestion that the Virgin TV bots suggest. Funnily enough these started as I have cancelled my Virgin Broadband and Telephone, leaving only a Tivo 360. It can connect to the network over Ethernet or WiFi, but the negotiation fails with 

Staus: Failed Whilst Negotiating

My thoughts are that we had 2 Tivo boxes, and have given up one, and Virgin have removed the wrong Tivo from the account. Is there any way I can check this without spending hours on the phone ?

Many thank

Dave

You have answered the question yourself. You have cancelled your Virgin Broadband, so the V360 box can no longer connect to Virgin’s headend servers, which drive everything except the live channels via your Virgin hub. You will also lose access to your recordings, as the server is part of the loop that allows access to your HDD location.

Virgin Broadband is mandatory when you have TV services now. Other ISPs Broadband routers cannot access Virgin’s internal network, & even if they could all the individual headend servers only connect to the boxes on their own downstream network, so only one address is used for 50+ different Virgin networks across the UK.

You will have to find yourself another TV provider I’m afraid.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Adding to the solution, I'll throw in a point of terminology - there's no such thing as a TiVo-360.

TiVo refers as much to the software as the legacy hardware. TV360 uses Horizon software not TiVo. I suspect you had a V6 which was software-converted to a TV360 - at which point it no longer has anything to do with TiVo.

When you cancelled your VM broadband, you should have been advised of the implications to your TV service and not been able to proceed with the cancellation of one solus without the other.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

dfhage
On our wavelength

That's interesting, as Virgin Media are happy for me to continue paying for my TV Service, and no mention was made of any loss of service. Does anyone from Virgin frequent these forums ? Or do I have to go back to waiting on the phone for hours.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have escalated this thread for the attention of forum staff, so you should get a reply from them soon.

If you were in contact with one of the offshore call centres they are notorious for providing misinformation & telling people what they want to hear instead of what they need to. For instance, they commonly tell people these boxes do not need any wired connection, & then when people plug them in find they cannot get any live channels.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

dfhage
On our wavelength

It would appear my second Virgin Box (maybe a Tivo v6) is working absolutely fine, so it appears customer service have "turned off" the wrong box. I would be very grateful if someone from Virgin could take a look at this ?

Regards

Dave

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dfhage wrote:

It would appear my second Virgin Box (maybe a Tivo v6) is working absolutely fine, so it appears customer service have "turned off" the wrong box. I would be very grateful if someone from Virgin could take a look at this ?

Regards

Dave

You will get the live channels for a short while, but no On Demand. But you will find the guide is not updating. As soon as the box gets to the point where it needs to renew its authentication with the headend server, you will then find all your channels are blocked.

dfhage
On our wavelength

Yes that is what has happened, just to the Box I wanted to keep, not the box I wanted to get rid of. It seems impossible to speak to anyone in support who understands.

Dave

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi dfhage,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Sincere apologies for the issues faced with this, can I ask when was this downgrade actioned?

Also are any channels showing at all?

Regards,

Kain

dfhage
On our wavelength

Hi Kain,

It was done last week on the help chat at the website. I have already had an email asking for the equipment back !

I wanted to keep the latest TV box I have, and get rid of everything else (broadband and telephone), persons on the forum tell me this is not possible, despite the help chat telling me it was ? Can someone confirm either way ?

Regards

Dave Hage