Menu
cb2504
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV360 Mini - Box dimensions / mounting options

I've just booked an install for a new TV360 and TV360 mini box (upgrade from broadband only), and I'm trying to find out the dimensions of the mini box - specifically length and depth, as I'm planning to mount the box on a shelf, and want to install it before the installer comes (install is booked for 4th Jan, so have a bit of time).

Despite a lot of searching, my google-fu is not working, and I haven't been able to find the actual measurements anywhere. Can anyone who already has the box give me an idea? 

Also, does the mini box have to have line of sight to the remote for control, or can it be mounted out of sight (the install guide I've found mentions this is possible for the main box, but doesn't specifically mention it for the mini box) - ideally it does so I can mount the box behind the TV in the bedroom, rather than above it!

Finally, anyone have any recommendations for a mounting option/shelf for the mini box?

Thanks all.

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV360 Mini - Box dimensions / mounting options

the remote doesn't have to be line of sight

next.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@cb2504 Don't forget that the TV360 mini needs a coax connection to the VM cable outlet as well being connected to the TV.  Connection to the VM broadband can be via ethernet cable or WiFi.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

comnut
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

🙂🙂  I was looking for a bracket, and found this 🙂 ( broadband only, and soon to receive a tv360 box!!  🙂

### update, amazon has a bracket, but I think £25 is a bit expensive...

Leading question -  does your inside wall box have only one screw socket (F socket) ??  or was a splitter supplied to feed the hub3 and tv360 box?? ?? 🙂

>> Graham_A: "TV360 mini needs a coax connection to the VM cable outlet as well being connected to the TV" -   Umm,  do you mean "connected to the TV360"??  The TV set is connected by HDMI... I ask, due to the website saying 'TWO socket on Vm wall box'.. ??

--

you may know google fu,, but for others trying.. search 'images' can find a bit more 🙂

also http://www.google.com/advanced_search can show what 'special' chrs they use..

0 Kudos