Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 Box PictureFreeze/No sound

jka94036
Superfast

Hi,

Having issues with one of my 360 boxes.

Random picture freezing/no sound, few seconds later screen goes black then after a few more seconds picture sound return.

New HDMI cable (checked securely connected), tried different HDMI slot on TV, network hard wired, reboot box. No area issue reported but this has been going on for sometime now 

An issue with the box has been detected via the diagnostics check via the app as per the attached screenshot, but there seems to be a continual issue with your diagnostics tool which prevents further progress 

F12AB16E-C656-4CB9-9317-569AE6B4BCE4.jpeg

33 REPLIES 33

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jka94036 👋 welcome back to community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about these sound and picture issues with your TV360 box. It would be good to get a little more information just so we can best offer support with this:

-How often is the service experiencing this fault (Where it freezes, goes blank and then returns)? 

-Is the problem exclusive to the one 360 box or is it ever happening on the other one too?

I will send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can look into this further for you, please let me know the answer to these questions too! Just so we have the best information to offer help. We may need to send out a technician to check over the box or replace it if needed. You can find the PM 📩 In the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 

Thank you for your patience whilst we investigate and help to get things sorted!

All the best. 🌞

Molly

Have replied

Issue seems to be only on this box, but the other box isn’t used that often at the moment as my son is at university.

Random occurrence no specific channels 

I don’t get any error messages when this happens just freeze-no sound- then black screen ——back to normal

Very similar to the V53 errors I got before going to 360

John

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi John,

Have you tried swapping the boxes around?

If the other box connectes without any issues it would indicate that's it's an actual problem, and not a signal/wiring issue.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yep, seems this is a continuation of the V53 errors I had with the V6 boxes, resulting in 10 tech visits, complete cable repull with internals as well, their last ditch attempt to fix things was going to the 360 software.

But have replied to the PM that was sent but no further response to that. Still I only have until October this year to put up with a completely shambolic customer service

John

Says it all really

B4A5C68B-B275-42D5-91E7-E00C494BA1BD.png

Hi All! Just returning to this public thread with an update. 

Thanks to jka4036 for PMing with me. We were able to identify an issue with the TV box due and have booked an appointment for an engineer to attend and offer further support! You can view and manage appointments via MY VM 👉 virg.in/myVM

I hope the appointment goes well and resolves the issues! Please let us know if you continue to have any problems following the appointment so we can pick things back up and continue to offer support!

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! All the best. 🌞

Molly

Hey jka94036, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

I can see you are in PM with my colleague about this already, please do feel free to reach out if you need more assistance. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi, 

tv360 box swapped out, fault still occurs.

Had a re-pull, all but one internal cables replaced, the fault cannot be in my home so must be cabinet or network related.

This was the 11th Tech visit along with involvement with AFM and the Exec team, I think it’s fair to assume that you can’t fix it it

Sky Stream is looking quite favourable at the moment come contract renewal as I have put up with this fault since September 22

Hi jka94036, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that there is an issue with the service and it does look like this is being looked at via the network teams. 

Can you confirm what the last update was from the area field manager? 

Kind regards, Chris.