cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 Box Maximum Ethernet Speed.

klf3
On our wavelength

Hello all.

Hopefully a simple question, namely, what's the maximum speed of the ethernet connection on the back of the box.
Its connected (via a 1GB Netgear router) to my hub 3.0 router, which shows it speed as 100mbps, so wanted to check that this indeed, is it's maximum speed.

Over to you wise sages out there.

10 REPLIES 10

roy247
Community elder

Hi klf3,

My hub 3 shows the connection to 360 as 1000mbps. If you are using any cat5 cable between the hub and 360 it will limit to 100mbps you need cat5e or 6 and up. If you do have cat5e you may have a fault on one of the pairs in the cable.

klf3
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply.

Seems I have a problem then, as all the cables between the hub, ethernet switch and all connected devices are Cat5e.

Damn !

Thanks again

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Info below is for the V6 which is the same hardware as the 360 shows the box has a 1x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port 

https://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/corporate/VirginTVV6boxfactsheet.pdf 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

klf3
On our wavelength

Many Thanks.

Definitely got a problem then !

Regards.

roy247
Community elder

Do you have any cables you can try swapping or are they long and buried.

If you have a digital volt meter and a piece of wire to loop each pair on one end of the cable you can measure for 0 ohms at the other end of the cable doing each pair at a time. Unless you have a cable tester.

klf3
On our wavelength

Hello there.

I have access to all the cables, so just have to go through the tedious task of swapping them around.

Will also connect the box directly to the router to see if the (newish) switch is the culprit !

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

A speed of 100Mbps is way in excess of what's required, like 4K/HDR, to stream to the box.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

klf3
On our wavelength

Thanks for the clarification !

roy247
Community elder

If everything else is connected after your Netgear router and the problem is between the hub and your router then you could be limiting the speed to everything else.

Have you done Speedtest's on other devices.

Could just be link between Netgear and 360.