cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 Activation

eckers
Tuning in

We upgraded our T3 Tivo boxes on Wednesday this week to TV360 and replaced our SH2. TV360 and cable modem connected into the wall socket via an existing splitter.

All looked to activate fine and I put the new modem into 'modem mode' and got Wifi connectivity without an issues. TV360 box is then connected via an ethernet cable into our existing router. It activated fine and I can see it is internet connected in the diagnostics section. We can view shows but are getting V210 and M63 errors for all of the Catch-up and recording options which sounds to be an account config issue?

We've followed the online troubleshooting, rebooted several times, removed the ethernet cable and Wifi connected etc.

Spoken to VM twice. First time we were told account migration can take 48hrs... Today we were told that there has been a TV360 issue since the 1/6 which won't be resolved until 26/6. Surely this can't be true?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again eckers 

Thanks for updating the thread.

In my opinion then it looks like VM possibly sent out a V6 instead of a 360 in error, or the box had gone through the update process prior to being sent out and failed.

You could still try my option 3 in case VM have sent the update signal, but I think it'll be a case of a replacement box being installed by tech in a few days.

Turn off the V6 at switch;  then on the V6 box  hold down both the power button and the + button at the same time. Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds.

The box should reboot, the power button will turn blue, and fingers crossed it will reset and boot up normally, and then hopefully install the 360 software update.

I know it's not the same, but in the meantime you could use the TVGO app as well as another means to watch live TV.  You could connect a laptop/computer to the TV by HDMI cable where the miscreant 360 is  so apart from live TV you can also watch recordings, and box sets & movies if they are in your package.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi eckers 

Sorry to see you are having problems with the 360 update on one of your boxes. I take it that it was a V6 box and not a Tivo (the older box) which you've mentioned. The V6 does run Tivo software and can be updated to 360,  but if it was the older Tivo box then it can't be updated and that box needs swapping out.  The Tivo box is shown on the right hand side in the picture on < this page > 

V210 and M63 errors are both Tivo/V6 boix errors, not TV360 errors.

Your V210 error means On Demand is Temporarily Unavailable (that message should have appeared onscreen)

This may be due to an area problem (of which there were plenty in the past few days)  or it may just be due to the set top box having lost internet connection. A reboot of the hub and/or the set top box often remedies this issue.

M63 is a software update error. Your account has been migrated to the TV360 platform but the software hasn't been pushed to your box to convert it.  

If the Faults team can't fix this then they pass it to second level support for them to try to resend the update signal, making sure it's being sent to the correct  box (ie the right serial number)  Sometimes they have to reset their system as it shows the process has completed even though it's been unsuccessful and the customers box is still running the older Tivo interface, or is stuck in a bootloop/download loop.

If the second team can't force the regrade through from their end then they send out a tech to replace the box.

There are three things you can try. 

1)  remove the box from the mains for five minutes and then try the update again

,2) Delete recordings to make more space on the box and then try the update again.

3) You could also try turning off the V6 at switch;  then on the V6 box  hold down both the power button and the + button at the same time. Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds.

The box should reboot, the power button will turn blue, and fingers crossed it will reset and boot up normally, and then hopefully install the 360 software update.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave

Thanks for the response - sorry, I was ambiguous with my use of the word "upgrade".  Our previous boxes were the original T3 Tivo boxes shown on the right on that page and yes this was a full swap-out rather than the V6>TV360 upgrade process.  

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again eckers 

Thanks for updating the thread.

In my opinion then it looks like VM possibly sent out a V6 instead of a 360 in error, or the box had gone through the update process prior to being sent out and failed.

You could still try my option 3 in case VM have sent the update signal, but I think it'll be a case of a replacement box being installed by tech in a few days.

Turn off the V6 at switch;  then on the V6 box  hold down both the power button and the + button at the same time. Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds.

I know it's not the same, but in the meantime you could use the TVGO app as well as another means to watch live TV.  You could connect a laptop/computer to the TV by HDMI cable where the miscreant 360 is  so apart from live TV you can also watch recordings, and box sets & movies if they are in your package.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @eckers,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with your TV box upgrade! 

I can see that @newapollo has provided some great additional information and troubleshooting suggestions to the thread! Can you tell us if the given suggestions have helped with your issue, or are you still experiencing issues?

Please let us know so that we can assist further if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi all,

@newapollo is right in his assumption re: it being a V6 box that we've been sent rather than a TV360 - I've checked online at the user interface for the two and it is definitely running V6 software!

I tried the + and power button holding restart and can see that the box tries several times to start-up and upgrade its software but fails.

@paulina_z how do I get this resolved?  The call centre team just keep fobbing me off stating there is a service issue.

Thanks. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there eckers,

So we can get this investigated for you I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the envelope icon at the top right hand side of the forum page.

Regards,

Kain

Just to conclude the thread - it was a V6 box that had been provided and it was unable to update itself.  

Technician visited and replaced the box.  All sorted in 20 minutes.  

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again eckers 

Thanks for updating the thread again.

It's good news seeing that a tech has been out and replaced the box with a new one.

Any further problems, or questions just holler.

Just for info to help you getting used to the 360 the following two pages may be useful.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/virgin-tv-360 

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/virgin-tv-360 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Glad to hear this is all resolved for you now @eckers with the tech visit. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley