cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV sound failure

rds
Tuning in

I am having an issue with the sound when viewing TV on my main box. The problem is a bit strange in that on the hour, every hour after I have switched on I lose the TV sound for a second or so. I've sat and timed it so I know it is on the hour. If I 'rewind' live TV the missing sound is there so it is not a transmission issue and it does not occur when I watch using the TV only. It occurs across all channels. I have done the usual reboots etc and raised 3 complaints with little success. As far as I can tell it's a fault with the box. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi rds,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for taking the time to post here.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having some issues with the sound on your TV box, this certainly does sound strange.

Can you please double check the audio configuration on your TV box? This will be different on each TV. You just need to go to Settings > Audio and check the Dolby Digital settings. This usually resolves most issues affecting sound. More information can be found here

Let us know how that goes,

Beth

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi rds,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for taking the time to post here.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having some issues with the sound on your TV box, this certainly does sound strange.

Can you please double check the audio configuration on your TV box? This will be different on each TV. You just need to go to Settings > Audio and check the Dolby Digital settings. This usually resolves most issues affecting sound. More information can be found here

Let us know how that goes,

Beth

Beth

Hi Beth,

Thanks for the response, I have changed the settings on my box to 'follow content' this appears to have resolved the issue. However I have not had much chance to be sure so I will need a bit more time to be sure.

Thanks Roger

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update @rds

Glad to hear the change in settings helped resolve the issue. 

If you have any further issues, please pop another post on this thread and we'll happily assist. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide