cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV signal intermittent (Sony TV)

ericaywalsh
Tuning in

I have done some troubleshooting eg factory reset for hub and designated the rooms in the house. There is nothing wrong with the television as it happily connects to the WiFi but it’s in and out. I have a net gear booster in that room but I ran a check on the signal in there and it says it’s good. Can anyone advise because I am paying a premium here for something that appears not to be handling a not enormous house?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Are there two problems ?

1) TV signal intermittent - a defective aerial

2) the WiFi but it’s in and out  - a WI-Fi signal coverage issue / Wi-Fi repeater issue

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Are there two problems ?

1) TV signal intermittent - a defective aerial

2) the WiFi but it’s in and out  - a WI-Fi signal coverage issue / Wi-Fi repeater issue

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your TV using a Freeview terrestrial aerial? Or is it connected to a VM TV box? You've posted in the TV360 forum so I'm presuming that's your TV service?

VM's TV360 service only uses the internet for OnDemand & streaming services, not live broadcast channels.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi yes thanks for help. I got my hands on an extender and it’s right as rain now. 

Thanks for your help. It’s sorted itself out now. I got an extender and that seems to have rectified itself. Thanks again