cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV set up

Jules201
Joining in

I have set up my new TV360 but on my extra box I cannot get all the channels that I can get on the main tv box.

8 REPLIES 8

roy247
Community elder

You could try moving the mini box to where your main box is to see if that gets the channels activated, if it doesn't then you will need to call Virgin to get the channels setup, it might need passing to second level, possibly involving an engineer to swap the box.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jules201,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with your new TV360 box. I've had a look on our side and can see you've spoken with our team since your post, and we've been able to get things sorted for you.

Please let us know if things still aren't working, and we'll more than happy to assist further.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece

Thanks for your message but I have had the most awful experience with Virgin that I have ever experienced with a provider.  Unfortunately I am having to cancel the contract as to get the mini box to work I would have to have cable going around my lounge out through a wall, up my stairs, over doors and into my bedroom which just isn't ok.  I have since been on two separate phone calls to Virgin trying to cancel the contract within the 14 day cooling off period.  The first phone call was 45minutes of someone saying that I had to wait until 6pm and the engineer would fix it even thought I explained several times the engineer had been and couldn't fix the problem.  In short the person I was speaking to had no clue what I was talking about so I put the phone down.  I have then phoned again and seemed to be getting somewhere until I was transferred again and have now been on the phone for over an hour and keep being put on hold and told the person is going to sort it out only for them to come back saying that I have to give 30 days notice and that my contract wont have any discounts on it if I revert back.  I don't know if you can help at all with this but if you can't at least it will be a warning to anyone reading this not to bother trying to upgrade!

I'm really sorry to hear your looking to cancel your contract and that recently our standards have slipped when it's come to receiving support @Jules201. This is not something we like to hear. We pride ourselves on offering the best support possible so it disappoints us when this isn't given.

I can see that you were in touch with us since your last message and seems this has now been resolved for you. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

It needs a coaxial cable which I wasn’t told at the time of taking out the service.  You would think with their super wifi they wouldn’t need cables all over someone’s house.  I just hope this thread stops anyone else taking it and having to go through the agonising phone calls I had to endure.  I have now had a reply from my official complaint and the way that is worded is absolutely diabolical and shows that the person who answered it has not understood the issue at all. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is there not access to an outside wall from the bedroom?

Coaxial cables can be routed externally & an additional wall box fitted driven from the drop termination on your front wall.

It is typical, particularly of offshore call centres not giving the information correctly. V360 boxes work on a broadcast system, so connection to the coaxial cable is mandatory. Only the app based services & recording streams use your home network.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I live in a town house so that may be the problem as the engineer said it would have to run from the middle floor, round the room and up the stairs to my bedroom. He didn’t give the option of it being done externally. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jules201 wrote:

I live in a town house so that may be the problem as the engineer said it would have to run from the middle floor, round the room and up the stairs to my bedroom. He didn’t give the option of it being done externally. 

Ah! It’s a work at heights restriction. VM techs are not trained or insured to work externally above first floor height.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks