Menu
dougall360
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV guide browsing

Hi tbere

On my old tivo box, when you were looking for something to watch, you went to the TV guide and this would automatically take you to the start of the list(BBC 1 here in the UK)

However with my new tv360, whenever you go to TV guide, it automatically starts you off from the channel you are on.

This is annoying as you need to go all the way back to the start in order to begin browsing.

Does anyone have this same issue

Or is there a way to change this 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV guide browsing

You can use the voice control and say "back to the top" or "top"and it goes to 100, or, "101", "501" etc

That doesn't work in the Profiles section if you are on software version 4.31 but has been fixed in version 4.32

Also when searching anywhere on the EPG you can change from the 'ALL' section to individual categories by pressing the Home button, then right

The buttons above and below the OK button scroll up and down individual channels and the channel up and down scroll the page.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tractorboy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The Channel UP button takes you to the first channel on the list

--------------------------------------------------
Ultimate Oomph, 2 x TV360 boxes
0 Kudos
thrice
Up to speed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This confused me as well after switching to 360. If you are using the 'Shared' profile you can tap in channel number 101 and be taken there. Same for any other channel, providing you know the number in the guide. On my personal profile, I have assigned BBC One the number 1, so it's a single button press. More simply I use the voice command 'Top' and it takes me to the beginning of the list, or anywhere else on the guide I wish to go to. After a while it becomes second nature.

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ah, the good old days when people used to complain about the Guide NOT starting from the currently watched channel.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A few other tips:

• Say "now' to jump to the current time in the TV Guide (and stay at the current channel)

• Say a time whist in the guide (e.g. "9pm") to jump to that time

• Use commands like "tomorrow" to skip to the next day in the guide

0 Kudos
Royalbeech
Up to speed
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Ernie_C wrote:

Ah, the good old days when people used to complain about the Guide NOT starting from the currently watched channel.

I was thinking the same as I read the ops question. 

0 Kudos