cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV box randomly rebooting

Monkey_Butler
On our wavelength

My box has recently started rebooting itself randomly. It started happening when using the 'Watch From Start' function (I normally get around 5 mins of playback and then it reboots) but it's also now started doing it watching live TV as well (happened tonight watching C4 news live). I've tightened all connections etc, but it's still happening. Is the box goosed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

If the box is just rebooting then it probably is as you say goosed, if you have more than one box you could try swapping the power supplies around to see if you only need a replacement psu, if not you will need to call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone to report a fault or wait here for one of the forum team member to pick this up which maybe a couple of days.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Community elder

If the box is just rebooting then it probably is as you say goosed, if you have more than one box you could try swapping the power supplies around to see if you only need a replacement psu, if not you will need to call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone to report a fault or wait here for one of the forum team member to pick this up which maybe a couple of days.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Monkey_Butler wrote:

My box has recently started rebooting itself randomly.

As per roy, your TV box has a fault.

Either call in to report it, or wait on here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Monkey_Butler, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear your TV box is rebooting on its self. 

I would like to take a look into this and run some further tests.

I am going to send you a PM, please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Last night I was trying to watch a programme using the 'watch from start' function and it was consistently either crashing backing out to the TV guide screen or rebooting the box after a few mins of playback. I then decided to change the ethernet cable and after that it was ok. Not sure why a faulty ethernet cable would cause reboots, but hopefully this solves the issue. Will keep an eye on it. 

Thank you for the update @Monkey_Butler.

Glad to hear the issue has improved. Please continue to monitor the service and let me know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs