cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV box freezes CBeebies & YouTube

MrKritical
Tuning in

If we watch CBeebies and then switch to something streaming like YouTube, when CBeebies goes offline at 7pm, YouTube no longer displays and we get a spinning (wait) sign on the screen.  Following this, the background image doesn't change (this is normally the last recorded program you watched).  We can navigate to other channels, hear the sound from those channels, but the image stays the same.

Tried turning it off and on using the remote, but no luck.

The only resolution is to switch the unit off using the physical switch or pull the power out.

Following that, not an issue until the next day.

Apologies if someone else has asked this, couldn't find it using some simple search terms.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does the same thing happen with CBBC?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Not sure will leave it on CBBC later to check 

So does the same with CBBC as it does with CBeebies….

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MrKritical,

Thank you for your reply, I am sorry you are having some issues with your TV box, does this happen with other apps or is it just youtube?

I have checked our systems and your box is unreachable, can you please ensure this is switched on?

What software is your box on? You can fin this on your settings.

Thanks,

Zoie

Thank you for getting back to me, I can confirm it only does this with YouTube and CBeebies or CBBC. I will leave the box turned on if you want to run more tests. The version I have is 4.46. 

I look forward to your response.

Thank you for your help

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @MrKritical 

I've moved your thread to the TV360 froum since you mentioned you have version 4.46 which is a 360 box, not a V6 box.

The fault you are seeing may be related to the one in this 360 thread  /360-box-stops-playback-if-on-BBC-4-at-7-00-pm-startup/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi MrKritical,

Have you been able to take a look at the thread newapollo has posted? If you still need help with this, can you please ensure the box is switched on so we can run through diagnostics.

Alex_Rm