cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV box faulty

Martin37
Joining in

I keep getting disconnected from WiFi on my TV box this is happening multiple times a day now. The two error codes I keep getting are CS9995 and CS9993. Connecting via a cable is not an option for this TV box.

Please help me thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Assuming the Virgin hub isn't in modem mode and you are using your own router then if the 360 is connected on the 5GHz signal try connecting on the 2.4GHz signal, it's slower but stronger.

If you haven't got 5G and 2.4G bands then you need to split your Wi-Fi network, instructions on how to do that are in the link below, when you have selected Advanced Settings you will also need to select Wireless, Wireless Signal and click on Disable Channel Optimization  at the bottom then click on Apply Changes. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Help/Splitting-your-home-WiFi-networks/m-p/4726309#M28

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Community elder

Assuming the Virgin hub isn't in modem mode and you are using your own router then if the 360 is connected on the 5GHz signal try connecting on the 2.4GHz signal, it's slower but stronger.

If you haven't got 5G and 2.4G bands then you need to split your Wi-Fi network, instructions on how to do that are in the link below, when you have selected Advanced Settings you will also need to select Wireless, Wireless Signal and click on Disable Channel Optimization  at the bottom then click on Apply Changes. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Help/Splitting-your-home-WiFi-networks/m-p/4726309#M28

kteirvine
Dialled in

@Martin37

I have been having this problem ever since our box software was "upgraded" to TV360 last August. I'm in the same situation as you, it's just not practical to connect my TV via ethernet cable to my Virgin router as it's on the opposite side of the room from the Hub 3. Our coax cable actually goes under the floorboards as we have a crawl space.

I'd just like to compare notes with you. The problem happens when I go into Home to use an app or watch a recording and get the purple screen just with headings and no pictures. Eventually the "Oops" message appears. Sometimes it happens when I've been watching a recording and when I come out of that I have the same issue. Yesterday I had to reset the TV box at around 3.30pm and again at around 9.30pm (pull the power cable, wait for 30 seconds, blah blah). Like you I'm having to do this at least once, if not twice or more times, each day.

I sometimes get the black dialogue box with varying error codes. Yesterday afternoon it was CS9994. It said that the Hub had disconnected, but I had two phones, an iPad, a desktop and a laptop that were all quite happily working away on the same WiFi connection. So I didn't reboot the hub, just pulled the plug on the TV box and it came back. 

Last night's problem was a first. I went in to watch a recording, but instead of a purple screen I had a black screen with only the word "Home" visible. The remote control was unresponsive, except when I pressed the back button and was faced with a completely black screen. Yup, you guessed it, power cable pulled out and everything worked perfectly fine again. 

I will try the suggestion to switch from 5 to 2.4 Ghz connection. Have you done that yet and has it made any difference?

@kteirvine wrote:

@Martin37

Last night's problem was a first. I went in to watch a recording, but instead of a purple screen I had a black screen with only the word "Home" visible. The remote control was unresponsive, except when I pressed the back button and was faced with a completely black screen. Yup, you guessed it, power cable pulled out and everything worked perfectly fine again. 

If your box has just received the 4.46 update that problem might be related to the problems in this post.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/360-issues-after-4-46-update/td-p/5282653

Hi Roy
I've changed WiFi settings to 2.4 and 5 and so far this seems to have fixed the issue.
Thanks for your help.

Hi Martin,

Let's give it a day or 2 but hopefully it should be OK.