Menu
Jacko22
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV and mesh system

Hi all,

I purchased a Tp link m4 mesh wifi system in June and I installed it with no issues. 

Last week my 2nd tv box located in my kitchen would not turn on, stuck in the welcome loop. Original box working ok. Rang vm and they could not fix the issue there so an engineer rang me. He advised me to hold in the button at the front for 15 secs and the box turned back on. I’ve had issues over a year ago with this box but nothing since, he said another would be issued via post. That arrived and I attempted to install but error cs 1001 kept coming up. Callback required again from the next level support.

So just off the phone with him and he’s telling me that the tv will not work if it’s not connected via the virgin media super hub , so basically telling me to get rid of the mesh system and he is sending out extenders as I type. I find this hard to believe , can anyone assist or confirm if this is true ?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV and mesh system

Hi @Jacko22 

I would firstly check all the connections, especially the white coaxial and any splitters as per

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/cs1001 

The 360 needs the internet connection for updates, the EPG, On Demand etc, however if you have a mesh system you may be able to connect it to the 360 via an ethernet cable to give a stronger signal.

If not there isn't any reason why the Tp link M4 mesh shouldn't work in wireless mode.

Have you separated the SSID's in your hub to differentiate between 2.4G and 5G? The easy way is just to append a 5 to the 5G SSID name.

2.4GHz is a stronger signal but slower than 5GHz so if you have problems on 5GHz change to 2.4GHz.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Jacko22
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @newapollo

I tried these steps, still not working. Turned it on fresh today and now its showing error CS 1011. I have a mesh hub in my kitchen I might attempt to connect it via the Ethernet cable to see if that allows it but I really shouldn't have to.
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi again @Jacko22 

This thread has just been posted which may explain the current CS1011 error.

new-mini-box-account-retrieval-error-CS1011 

"Hi all Just received a mini 360 box to add to my existing V6 box. plugged it all in and to an ethernet cable to the hub. But I'm getting an account retrieval error."

"Solved the issue. , I think!

phone 150 and talked to a nice helpful UK based chap which makes a change. he said there was an upgrade outage in my area so the box couldn't be authorised. Also I had a different serial number to the mini box on my account."

I think it may be that the serial number doesn't match in the VM systems

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos