cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Problems

lthoel2
Joining in

I am seriously thinking of leaving Virgin when it’s time for renewal.During the day everything on the TV appears to work fine but come evening it goes absolutely haywire.

I can go to my recordings and all I get is blank square boxes and then a picture of a bird with the CS3400 error code. I have done the usual, check cables switch 360 box and Wi-Fi box off and back on, occasionally it will work but 90% of the time it doesn’t so I give up and do something else. Now this has been going on for weeks and I am getting fed up of paying for something that I can’t actually use and I can’t see why I have to keep going through the checks repeatedly to see if it’s going to work

The other point is the 360 box gets very hot, is this normal

Anyone have any suggestions before I cancel?

16 REPLIES 16

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @lthoel2 👋 Welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see you've been having issues with your TV service. I can understand the concern with this, especially with the box overheating. This is something that I'd be happy to check further for you.

I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you, just to confirm, is the box still overheating? Also, are you having any other issues with devices connecting to your WIFI?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

lthoel2
Joining in

It’s not getting as hot. It’s just warm now

ive not been getting any problems with any other devices connecting to the WiFi .It was just the TV not working in the evening as I said in my first post

Thanks        Linda

Thank you for that information. How has the service been this morning?

Can you confirm what the lights are doing on the WiFi router?

^Martin

I’ve checked the TV this morning and it’s fine but it usually does work in the day time . It’s in the evening when the problems start usually works again after midnight. The WiFi has got the usual static white light on, even when the TV is acting up the WiFi still has the static white light on

Is the router and Tv in a position where it could be connected via a Wired connection? 

^Martin

Not really, it would have to go across a door

Tried to watch recordings tonight and yet again it’s not working. This is getting very annoying

This is what I’m getting this morningF7AF75B6-0AFD-45FD-9E64-E477BB452DC1.jpeg1FED6C10-A8C1-4A25-A683-96F113226032.jpeg