cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Power off issue

ozsat
Superstar

Has anybody found issues with this and got a work around?

You can set the 360 box to switch the tv on when the stb is switched ON and to switch the tv off when the stb is powered OFF  -   using the 'One Power' option.

But what I would like is to be able to turn the stb off but leave the tv on - to use other devices like game consoles etc.

The latest BTtv and SkyQ remotes actually do what I want. So switching their stb ON will switch the tv on too.  But a quick press of the stb OFF button will only switch the stb off but a longer press switches the tv off too.

Am I missing something? Anyone found a fix or workaround for the 360?

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5
2 REPLIES 2

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you turn One Power off, the red standby button only puts the TV 360 into standby and leaves the TV powered.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The issue with that is the power ON at start of session does not switch the tv on.

As I have several devices - I want the first devices to switch the tv on - but leave the tv on if that device is switched off.

They all does this except the 360.

@Ernie_C wrote:

If you turn One Power off, the red standby button only puts the TV 360 into standby and leaves the TV powered.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5