Joining in

Why does my 360 box turn my tv on while I’m in bed 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @adnank503,

Thanks for confirming those details. Have you been able to attempt the fix advised above - to turn the HDMI-CEC setting off? We have seen other users experience a similar problem, and they have been able to resolve the issue using the fixes advised here. I've also raised this with our TV360 Team, who will look further into this.

Please let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

38 REPLIES 38

Arbedub
On our wavelength
I'm guessing it's a modern Samsung TV. Ours started doing this when we 'updated' to 360.

only way around it is to disable HDMI-CEC, or make the box completely turn off overnight. Neither is a great solution and has drawbacks.

I’ll give it a go I hope virgin looks in to the problems the 360 box has 

Hey killeruk, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to see you are having some issues with your 360 box. 

Do you by any chance have the auto power mode turned on? 

If so you can go into Go to Settings > System > Standby Timer.

From there you can set it to 4,5,6 or 24 hours. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

The box was set to 4 hours I now unplug the box at night to stop it turning on 

Thank you for the update @killeruk.

Please let us know if you need any further help and we will be happy to assist.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

adnank503
On our wavelength

Not being rude ,but that was not "help". This never happened with earlier boxes. I am a having a similar issue. Whenever the router reboots (eg software update in the night) the minibox restarts and I have autostart for tv enabled which switches on the tv. There is an issue with the boxes, FIX THEM

Still got the problem turning box off is the best fix until virgin releases a fix 

Hi there @killeruk

Thank you so much for updating us and I am so sorry to hear that this issue has continued! 

Can I ask if you have been able to try the box connected to another TV at all to see if the issue continues on the other device? 

Thank you. 

Yes, i did try another (spare) tv, same result.