Menu
Steviec2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

TV HD channels pixelation

Hello, I'm having problems with some HD channels mainly my Sky Sports HD ones, Every few minutes i'm getting a lot of pixelation and the odd time a message with a error code (CS2004)

Now i've checked all wires and also restarted the box but still having them same issues 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV HD channels pixelation

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Steviec2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Is there anyway i can schedule a engineer on here without having to ring in? 

It's been really bad recently, The pixelation has been happening like every minute now

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I refer you to paragraph 3 of my post...

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

Is there any reason you don't want to call in? Edited to add that, depending on the reasons, there may be alternative means.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Steviec2
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Rang them last week spent 30+ minutes on the phone for some women just to tell me that they will do a remote device from there end or something within the next 48 hours to see if they can fix it and they will send me a text message and let me no how they get on, 5 days later i'm still waiting on that text message,

I've not had the best experiences when dealing with Virgin Media on the phone.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

In which case your best course of action is, when you call in, be politely insistent that all remote fixes are merely kicking the can down the road while there is clearly an underlying problem.

The correct course of action should almost certainly be a tech visit. If the agent refuses to do this, please post back and there are other avenues open to us.

0 Kudos
roy247
Super solver
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@Steviec2 wrote:

Rang them last week spent 30+ minutes on the phone for some women just to tell me that they will do a remote device from there end or something within the next 48 hours to see if they can fix it and they will send me a text message and let me no how they get on, 5 days later i'm still waiting on that text message,

I've not had the best experiences when dealing with Virgin Media on the phone.

You must have that extra phone number that virgin know but you don't, join the the club on that one, I have never received a service update text when I have had a problem and registered for updates, it must also be the number that virgin can't contact you on when you register a complaint, I am not the only one who have had a letter saying we tried to contact you and the problem has been resolved.

Regarding your problem it's either signal levels or a faulty box, is it pixelation or stuttering picture.

0 Kudos
Steviec2
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media should already have my number(Mobile Number) since its the number i signed up with, I understand its more than likely a signal level fault which would require a engineer but for some reason they aren't understanding that on the phone

0 Kudos
roy247
Super solver
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I think you may have missed the sarcasm comment about the phone, I have a landline and mobile provided by virgin, so they know my numbers but never seem to be able to contact me unless its the text message for my mobile bill or updates to my account.

0 Kudos
Steviec2
Tuning in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Haha it's late is my only excuse, Late and i'm fed up with it all, It's actually becoming unbearable to watch
0 Kudos