cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360

Mocath22
Tuning in

So as my current contract was expired I was offered new contract with TV 360 and the latest remotes 

However as I understood my current TV box would be updated and all I had to do was pair the remotes 

Fast forward to today , remotes won't pair , TV services are down and I phoned for technical help to be told 3 different things 

First call , nothing to be done, up to 5 days tiil its fixed

Second call , reboot , still not working,  nothing  to be done 

Third call , told I need an engineer and a new TV 360 box to match remotes! Then cut off when I questioned this 

Now totally confused as was informed my current box would be sent 'a download' and remotes would only need paired , 

Can anyone advise? TIA

25 REPLIES 25

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mocath22,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear you're having some problems with your TV boxes and services, and that there's some issue with the accompanying TV remotes too. What happens when you try to pair the remote? Did the team state why you'd need a technician visit booking?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Mocath22 

There should have been either a pamphlet included with the remote(s) or instructions printed on the inside lid of the box containing the remotes. There's a picture of the instructions below - also here is the url with the same information.

https://assets.virginmedia.com/resources/pdf/VTV360_A5_insert_instructions_leaflet_pre_packaging.pdf 

EDIT  - There's also a video you can follow.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KruQsQbPMsw 

upgrade v6.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi 

Nothing happens,I press the relevant buttons for 10 secs, does nothing 

I'm more interested if the info I received re the tv 360 box was correct , 

Yep know that , virgin sent text stating they had installed remotes as I had not done so within the 5 days allowed 

To add , now box is not recording planned recordings, fault with account not being set up correctly 🙄 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mocath22 wrote:

I'm more interested if the info I received re the tv 360 box was correct , 

If you were told your new contract included TV360, that certainly wasn't correct.

Any package you're offered can apply to either your existing TV hardware or to a voluntary choice to convert to TV360. Migrations are not compulsory.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

So it would appear the virgin media home worker who set up thd new contract lied and mix sold me the contract 

I have his full name and contact number and I will post it here if virgin do not correct this 

I am sorry to hear this.

Please can you expand on what was mis sold?

Does the price not match up to what was promised? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Are you serious , you have not provided the TV 360, you sent remotes the do t work , I now have NO T.V service in my lounge, nothing , blank blue screen 

So called helpline only run checks,no offer of engineer 

I call that mis sold , dont you?!