Menu
gkashoulis
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV 360

What a shambles!

I received a new TV 360 box last week  I did not connect it as I was expecting to receive a mini box as well. This morning I discovered that my V6 and TiVo boxes had been remotely disconnected by virgin media.  I have now successfully connected the tv 360 box but cannot connect the v6 box as its original remote control does not work after it had been remotely reconfigured without my knowledge.  I had only received one remote control with the new box.

My understanding was that I was to receive two new boxes.  I had no communication from virgin media that my old boxes were to be reconfigured and no instructions how to reconnect them.  I only found out that the V6 is to be used as TV 360 mini from this forum!

I spent an hour on the phone to virgin media, this morning.  My distinct impression is that the two people I spoke too, did not know either what was happening with TV360 boxes!  I have now promised an extra remote, within three days.  Meantime my “upgraded” service has become no service!

0 Kudos
gkashoulis
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV360 Shambles

What a shambles!

I received a new TV 360 box last week  I did not connect it as I was expecting to receive a mini box as well. This morning I discovered that my V6 and TiVo boxes had been remotely disconnected by virgin media.  I have now successfully connected the tv 360 box but cannot connect the v6 box as its original remote control does not work after it had been remotely reconfigured without my knowledge.  I had only received one remote control with the new box.

My understanding was that I was to receive two new boxes.  I had no communication from virgin media that my old boxes were to be reconfigured and no instructions how to reconnect them.  I only found out that the V6 is to be used as TV 360 mini from this forum!

I spent an hour on the phone to virgin media, this morning.  My distinct impression is that the two people I spoke too, did not know either what was happening with TV360 boxes!  I have now promised an extra remote, within three days.  Meantime my “upgraded” service has become no service!

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV 360

Your V6 box will become your 360 main box and I am guessing the new box you have received is half the height of your V6 box, this will be your mini box to replace your old Tivo box. You should have received 2 remotes but it looks like you are not the only one to receive 1 remote judging by recent posts.

Here is a link to the instructions, basically you just swap out your old Tivo and use the same connections to connect the mini box, needs connecting by ethernet cable or wifi.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Upgrading-to-360-from-existing-V6-amp-TiVo-setup/...

Hope this helps.

Roy

0 Kudos
gkashoulis
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This is even bigger shambles that it first appeared!

Your information is probably spot on. The new TV box does not appear to have a hard drive and cannot record anything on it!

why, why, why is this information not available from virgin media?

I’m seriously considering cancelling my virgin media services!!

0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@gkashoulis wrote:

This is even bigger shambles that it first appeared!

Your information is probably spot on. The new TV box does not appear to have a hard drive and cannot record anything on it!

why, why, why is this information not available from virgin media?

I’m seriously considering cancelling my virgin media services!!

Can you please DM  me your account number and site ID?  I'll get a remote sent to you today

There was an issue with customers not getting the full instructions to upgrade, but you should have received an email telling you how?

In the meantime the instructions are including as a sticky at the top of this forum

0 Kudos
gkashoulis
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ac No [MOD EDIT: REMOVED]

Area 28

The only email I received from virgin media was to confirm that I was to receive two new boxes!
I had no instructions whatsoever, either before or after I received only one box, which had no indication it was a mini box. I only found out, when I tried to set it to record a program. 
Because of virgin media’s, incompetence, I have waste most part of a day trying to install the new boxes and trying to contact customer services!

This is monumentally bad service!

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry please send them to me via private message not on here  

0 Kudos