Menu
caraar12345
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV 360 without VM Hub WiFi?

Hi! Just a quick one really. 

Taking a look into the TV 360 service now and it looks pretty damn cool. However, does it require that you make use of the Hub 3 as the main router/wifi in the house?

At both my parents and my own homes, I've switched out the Hub 3 for a Ubiquiti / Unifi set up with the Hub 3 in modem mode. 

We have Cat6 cabling throughout the house, with all TiVo boxes directly connected to the network at gigabit speeds rather than by WiFi so it shouldn't cause any issues anyway.

I presume this will make no odds at all to how the 360 service works but I just want to check before we take any further steps! Cheers!

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV 360 without VM Hub WiFi?

The connection requirements for V6 and TV 360 are exactly the same.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I can confirm as I use the VM hub in modem mode the v360 still works with no issues.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ozsat
Superstar
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There seem to be some routers it will not work with at present which is why they say use the SH3.

The recording sharings will not work on my Netgear modem - but everything else does.  VM say it is a known issue and there is an open fault.

Never had issues with the V6.

@DJ_Shadow1966 wrote:

Hello

I can confirm as I use the VM hub in modem mode the v360 still works with no issues.

Regards Mike

==================================
1.2Gb/55Mb in Area 31
0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As i understand it as long as you have a the box connected to the router with a Ethernet cable or via WiFi connected to your network it should work fine. The boxes will work better over Ethernet cable direct to the router or via Power-line adaptors than WiFi.

0 Kudos