Menu
james-28
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV 360 upgrade

Currently Have two V6 boxes and spoke to retentions three weeks ago about upgrading the software to TV360 but was told it couldn’t be done as the trial was closed but would put me on the waiting list (was also told that I couldn’t upgrade to 600mb broadband as it wasn’t available in my area, even though my neighbours have it)

Have since spoken to customer service who said can upgrade me to 600mb broadband and upgrade boxes to TV360 if I upgrade to the ultimate oomph package.

I want to stay on my current package but upgrade the boxes.  Has anyone managed to do this without upgrading to the ultimate oomph package?

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV 360 upgrade

Currently TV360 boxes are only available to some, the software upgrade is definitely possible via a change of service where the app will be deployed to the box followed by a remote or two however is being done in phases, 600Mb is only available for Ultimate Oomph customers so you'll be unable to take that package without switching. If you like having 2TB of dedicated storage then I'd advise staying in TiVo, if you don't mind sharing hard drive space between the two boxes(basically getting 500GB) then you could possibly upgrade. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You have been advised correctly.

Currently, only Ultimate Oomph customers or those upgrading to Ultimate Oomph can get TV 360.

Also new customers get TV 360.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
james-28
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The classic line “new customers only” 😂

0 Kudos
NinjaMeerkat
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am not on the 360 software but I would be wary of "upgrading". As I understand it the upgrade is done via software on your existing V6 boxes and once done only one box is capable of recording and on series recordings the box can no longer record "new" only. I believe there are user profiles possible on the 360 but this doesn't seem to do anything useful.

Doesn't seem like an upgrade to me!

0 Kudos
NinjaMeerkat
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Forgot to add..... I have just renewed onto the oomph package and I wasn't offered the 360 software.

0 Kudos