cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 remote

johnrambo18
Dialled in

I've upgraded recently to the 360 and have difficulty getting it to turn on with the remote. Seem to have to press the red button several times or hold it down before anything will happen. Am I missing a trick here or is this normal?

14 REPLIES 14

roy247
Community elder

Is the box set to fast or active start, if it's set to eco start it takes longer.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi johnrambo18,

Thank you for your post. We're sorry to hear about the issue with your remote. 

To confirm, is this issue ongoing or have you been able to resolve this?

^Martin

It is set to Active start.  The problem is not the time it takes to load, but rather getting the thing to come on at all. The red light remains lit. It takes several presses of the red button on the remote to get anything to happen

The issue is on going. It will not turn on each time I want to watch tv

wahHey johnrambo18, thank you for confirming this.

Please can I just confirm if this is for any sports or is it everything on the red button no matter what channel it is on. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

It's not to do with channels. It is when the box is in stand by and I want to turn it on. There has been a further development now. When it is off, no lights are showing at all. It used to glow red on stand by and white when on.

Thank you for your response @johnrambo18

Just to confirm, are you using the on the button as seen here? https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/using-your-remote Also,

how long has this issue been ongoing?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @johnrambo18 

I don't know which type of TV you have, but I have noticed in some of the forum posts that some custoemrs with Smasungs TV's have to long press the 360 red power button a couple of times to wake up/turn off the samsung.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

No, the TV is fine. I have a Panasonic and this turns on ok with the white button top left of the remote. The issue is with getting the virgin box to come on