cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 recordings buffer on mini

benno17
On our wavelength

We have Hub 3 and TV 360 in lounge and mini in Kitchen. When playing recordings in the kitchen it keeps buffering. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

If the mini is connected on the 5GHz signal try connecting on the 2.4GHz signal, it's slower but stronger.

If you haven't got 5G and 2.4G bands then you need to split your Wi-Fi network, instructions on how to do that are in link below, when you have selected Advanced Settings you will also need to select Wireless, Wireless Signal and click on Disable Channel Optimization  at the bottom then click on Apply Changes. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Help/Splitting-your-home-WiFi-networks/m-p/4726309#M28

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

roy247
Community elder

If the mini is connected on the 5GHz signal try connecting on the 2.4GHz signal, it's slower but stronger.

If you haven't got 5G and 2.4G bands then you need to split your Wi-Fi network, instructions on how to do that are in link below, when you have selected Advanced Settings you will also need to select Wireless, Wireless Signal and click on Disable Channel Optimization  at the bottom then click on Apply Changes. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Help/Splitting-your-home-WiFi-networks/m-p/4726309#M28

benno17
On our wavelength

Thanks roy247. I use the Hub 3 as a modem and TP Link Deco M9s to distribute around the house. Signal strength is excellent but I'll try turning off the 5GHz. Appreciate your help 

Hi @benno17 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear your recordings on your TV 360 buffer when accessing via your TV 360 mini. And for any inconvenience this may be causing you.  Have you had opportunity to test the advice offered from roy247?  If so, how are things going?  

Regards

Lee_R

benno17
On our wavelength

Yes I have tested the suggestion made by roy247 but without success. Interestingly the mini upstairs and thus farther away does not have the buffering issue

roy247
Community elder

Hi benno17,

If you have 2 mini boxes you could try swapping them around to see if the problem follows the box or if it's the location of the box.

Does the TP link app allow you you specify which node the 360 connects too, it could be that it's picking one 2.4ghz because it's stronger.

My ASUS zenwifi allows me to set preferred nodes for devices as the signal overlap can sometimes cause issues.

Strangely it has started working okay 🙂 

Thanks for coming back to us benno17 and I'm glad that its working for you now.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L