cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 - does Broadband need to be switched on for recordings?

ikrip
Dialled in

Hi
I have a TV 360 box. I like to switch off the Broadband while I'm going to be away for a while. But does the Broadband need to be kept switched on, in order for the TV 360 to make recordings?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes. Your Broadband does need to be switched on. Firstly, if there are any schedule changes they won’t be picked up, even on the older TiVO V6 system. With Horizon V360, the platform is run from a headend server as it is designed for cloud recording. Broadcasters here do not currently allow cloud recording, so the server records the programme to your hard disk “location” instead. If you turn off your Broadband the headend server can’t find your hard disk, so any set recordings will fail.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes. Your Broadband does need to be switched on. Firstly, if there are any schedule changes they won’t be picked up, even on the older TiVO V6 system. With Horizon V360, the platform is run from a headend server as it is designed for cloud recording. Broadcasters here do not currently allow cloud recording, so the server records the programme to your hard disk “location” instead. If you turn off your Broadband the headend server can’t find your hard disk, so any set recordings will fail.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ikrip
Dialled in

Many thanks!