cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 box has deleted nearly a year's worth of recordings

vikingbeard
On our wavelength

Compress_20221114_194204_4900.jpg

Came to watch a recording last night to find out the 360 box has deleted every film and every series recorded over the past year.

No idea how or when this happened but I'm not impressed in the slightest.

No error message, no sign of resets or dodgy updates. Just there one day & all gone the next.

7 REPLIES 7

roy247
Community elder

Hi

I wouldn't be too impressed either if I lost my recordings, it sounds like the box is faulty.

You can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning Choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options and then you should be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Might be worth trying a factory reset with the ‘keep recordings’ option.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

This has just happened to me too. Over a years worth has just disappeared. 
mine is a V6 box with the 360 software. 
the recordings were there yesterday and now nothing. Even the scheduled recordings have gone. It is like the box has been reset ,  but the profiles and channels have remained. 

not happy at all. 

It's not just me then. Can anyone confirm if there has been a software update in the past few days that could have caused this?
Like Dobbo234 said, it's like the box has been reset.

Good Morning @vikingbeard, and welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm terribly sorry to hear of the recordings on your set top box being deleted without your permission.

Can you please confirm if you have since been able to record any Live TV and retain the recordings since your most recent post?

Would you also be able to confirm if you have been able to select the Keep Recordings option, as per @Ernie_C's suggestion?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Finally solved this problem by cancelling my TV 360 service and changing to a subscription from Sky.

Happy to report I've had no issue since & saved myself a few quid too.

Nice!👍

Hi vikingbeard, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you have cancelled the service and do hope that you come back to us in the future. 

Please let us know if you need anything further. 

Kind regards, Chris.