Menu
John2929
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV 360 box blown + damaged my Samsung TV ?

Got a new TV 360 box about a week ago - all good until this evening when Samsung TV screen suddenly went black.  TV 360 box seems to have gone kaput - won't even power up now.  When I turn it on i can see small red light flicker insight (showing the plug and power cable are ok) ... but the box doesn't power up at all.   Also seems to have blown something on the Samsung One Connect Mini / HDMI connector into my TV .... i can't get any HDMI signals to show on my TV now.  The TV can still show Netflix, as this is coming into TV via a separate Ethernet cable.

Anyone seen this kind of thing happen with TV 360 box before ?  

Any / all advice is much appreciated !

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV 360 box blown + damaged my Samsung TV ?

The 360 runs on a 12V 2.5A Power supply, its more likely the TV has blown the 360.  What happens when you plug another HDMI Device into that port? does it show a picture? 

0 Kudos
John2929
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Rich for your reply.   When I plug another HDMI device (e.g. my laptop) into the TV, then this doesn't display any picture either .... which is why I was thinking something in the Samsung TV One Connect Mini / HDMI connection was blown as well ..... 

I am not looking forward to calling Virgin Media tomorrow ... suspect they will tell me the problem is my TV, and TV maker will tell me its the STB etc. ....

Thanks for any more advice or guidance !

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Do any of the HDMI ports work now?  If there's no light on the front of the 360 there's defiantly an issue there and they should send someone out to to replace it.  Try unpluggging everything including HDMI mini ports and 360 kit and plug it all back in again, this will not only reboot it all but also reseat any possible bad connections

0 Kudos
John2929
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No - can't get any of the HDMI inputs to the TV to work now.  I guess I'll get them to send out a new TV 360 box and, in the first instance, connect it to an alternative display to make sure it works ......   I doubt I will get very far in getting Virgin Media to accept any fault / role in the TV display issue.    thanks for the help, much appreciate. 

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi John2929, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue getting your 360 box to work and that the TV HDMI ports are no longer working. 

Did you manage to speak to the team about this yet? I have tried to locate your account using your forum credentials but I haven't been able to. If you are still having an issue then just reply to the private message I have sent you requesting some information from you so we can help further. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox. 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
John2929
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Thanks for reaching out. 

I got a new TV360 box sent out and it works fine - so thank you Virgin Media for that. 

I also ordered a new Samsung "One Connect" box (needed to connect HDMI ports/cables into the Samsung TV itself) as I thought this might have blown as well.   

But the bad news is that this hasn't fixed the overall problem ... I cannot get any picture/sounds from the TV360 box to display on the TV.  It looks like something inside the TV itself has also blown .... so I will need to try to get this repaired or else be buying a new TV 😞

Best regards - John

0 Kudos