cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 box Useless recordings

philg3260
Joining in

Why does the 360 box record programmes that cannot be watched.  I left the box powered on for a week and it recorded a series of programmes that I can only delete, how is that useful.

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What happens when you try to watch these recordings?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

Do you get any "Failed Recording" message next to the programmes, for example "change to tv guide" or something similar.

It recorded a series of different programmes but the only option you have when opening the "recording" is to delete the recording.

The recording were set for as normal and we were away from home.  I left the box plugged in and connected but did turn off the hub and wifi.  The 360 box was left connected and plugged in and should not have needed the wifi to do its job.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You answered your own question in a previous post when you said that the recordings suffered from  ‘ a change to the guide’.

The box uses the internet for keeping the guide updated.

You should leave your broadband on at all times you want your recordings to work properly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The V360 Horizon system is reliant on a Broadband connection (& therefore your hub) for EVERYTHING except actual reception of the live channels. The system was built (& is used in most of Europe) to record to a cloud server & not to a hard disk. So the central driver for the boxes is sat on a server at the cable headend, not on your box. No communication with the box, no recordings.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993