Menu
jimboy56
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TV 360 & 1Gbps Install - engineer required?

Hi. I’m upgrading from TiVo to tv 360 and from M600 to 1gbps, will the engineer need to enter the premises or can I install myself?

0 Kudos
MrGiles22
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV 360 & 1Gbps Install - engineer required?

The TV Upgrade will be formatted via Home Page, a link will be sent to allow you to do the upgrading yourself. You may also receive two new remote controls. As for the upgrading Broadband this will be done via the router itself (as far as I know) so an engineer won't be necessary. One friendly word of warning, the upgrade to TV360 has caused problems with my box causing recordings to buffer and stall, although Catch Up Services work fine. Virgin are already aware of this and again, as far as I know, some boxes are being changed from Arries to Humax. Watch this space, and view other comments elsewhere. Good luck!!!

JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Gig1 upgrade will require hub change, unless being sent via QuickStart package I guess the engineer will be likely to need access to install new hub.

If I've helped let me know 🙂

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

I give 'my' experience to help where possible.
MrGiles22
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for the info, to be honest I wasn't really sure about the broadband update requiring a new hub, you learn something new every day, don't you. 

0 Kudos
mwarby
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I think they were keen to have an engineer do a WiFi test in the 1 gig package. I think depending on results the engineer could provide WiFi repeaters.

I’d imagine this is to prevent an upgrade to gig but with poor WiFi speeds, which could cause CS or reputations damage

The lockdown may have changed this of course

0 Kudos
jimboy56
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

hope so, I don't want an engineer in at the moment (no offence engineers!)

0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@jimboy56 wrote:

hope so, I don't want an engineer in at the moment (no offence engineers!)

I'm sure the 360 upgrade can be done via self install, but I dont think that AND the Hub swap can at present.  Once the 360 install has happened, then you may be able to swap out the hub and upgrade to 1GB separately via self install.  

I appreciate that doesnt seem to make a lot of sense but as yet we dont have packaging or journeys for sending out two set top boxes AND the new hub, the Hub 4 is a beast!

PS - also our engineers will continue to install through this lockdown as they did before.  The Covid practices we have put in place are robust and very safe, but of course the decision is up to you.  We are all managing the risk in our own way!

jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, upgraded both at different times in last 6 months. Tv360 was 2 remotes eent in post and software upgrade on V6 menu, gig1 was hub4 sent and phone VM  to activate. In both cases no engineer

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1 with UHD
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos
jimboy56
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Engineer turned up yesterday and left all the kit on the doorstep & he took away all my old kit (NGL - felt nervous without a router & TV box!), I had to tell him the serial number on the bottom of the old router, all the new kit worked, the only problem is my internet speed hasn't gone up, do I have to ring CS?

0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I suspect you will have to activate the hub.  Should be instructions on doing on line or phoning

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1 with UHD
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos