Menu
DiscoSi
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV 360 Upgrade - Help required due to confusion amongst Virgin staff! Please train your agents better.

I've been trying to apply for the TV 360 upgrade as I am on the Ultimate Oomph bundle so it should just be a simple £35 one off fee. Going through chat has been a nightmare, after almost an hour and a half of being passed around different agents who didn't seem to know how to do it. Finally I got someone who was able to process the request, only at the end to say it would be another £30 for the engineer to install them and it couldn't be done until next year, even though they had previously said they could get the new boxes to me on the 21st Dec. I declined at this point.

I tried to ring up originally but gave up after 50 mins of being on hold and decided chat might be quicker! lol. I've also tried to do the upgrade online in my account but I get an error message: 

Oops! Something went wrong.

Sorry, we’re unable to change your package online.

Could one of the forum team have a look and see if they can do anything to make this easier for me please?

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV 360 Upgrade - Help required due to confusion amongst Virgin staff! Please train your agents better

there is an issue with the online upgrades which has never been sorted correctly. This is if there are any discounts on your package you have to call in to make any changes. Most people on the Ultimate Oomph bundle have discounts applied to get the £99 price so you  will have to call in. The best thing for you to try will be to call to virgin and select the option to say you are thinking of leaving. you normally get through to someone quicker and more chance that someone can help you .

0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV 360 Upgrade - Help required due to confusion amongst Virgin staff! Please train your agents better

Did they offer you the self install option?  They should have done, wouldnt have needed the engineer install

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Install deffo doesn't require and engineer as you are basically unplugging the cables from 1 box and plugging them back in to the new box which has all the connections in the same place as the old box.

DiscoSi
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice and help.

0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I thought I was getting new boxes when I upgraded my oomph package. Turned out I got 2 remotes and on screen instructions on updating existing V6 boxes, no new boxes!!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1 with UHD
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos