cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 Remote stopped pairing with TV

stuartlord80
Just joined

Hello, I took batteries out of remote a couple of days ago, replaced them and now the remote isn't paired with TV for volume or HDMI control etc

Any thoughts?
Worked before so no idea why it wouldn't repair?

4 REPLIES 4

roy247
Community elder

Have you tried factory resetting and repairing the remote,

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the 360 remote.

After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing.

If it doesn't also pair to the TV then,

Press Home
Select Settings
Select Audio & video
Select Pair remote with devices
Select Pair TV and follow the on screen instructions

Hopefully that will fix it, you could also try replacing the batteries again other users report replacing the batteries fixes pairing problems.

If you are using a soundbar make sure the Volume keys control is set to the TV.

scareyone
On our wavelength

stating the obvious , but are the replacement battery's fitted correctly..

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@stuartlord80 wrote:

Hello, I took batteries out of remote a couple of days ago, replaced them and now the remote isn't paired with TV for volume or HDMI control etc

Any thoughts?
Worked before so no idea why it wouldn't repair?

As per roy,

Removing the batteries can actually reset the 360 remote, the same as pressing and holding the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds.

You should  try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should then force pairing again.

You could also try the following:-

Put the box into 'Pairing Mode' by pressing the Standby/On button on the front of the box for 10 seconds.  Then usingthe remote control, press and hold the 'TV' button and the '0' button together for 10 seconds. And fingers crossed hopefully a  message should appear on the screen confirming that pairing was successful.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

johngill90
Joining in

You can try re-pairing the remote with the TV by following the instructions in the user manual or contacting the manufacturer's customer support for assistance. It's possible that the remote lost its pairing settings when the batteries were removed, and re-pairing should resolve the issue.