Menu
asha_bristol
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TV 360 Remote. Controlling volume on external amplifier.

Hello,

I'm thinking of upgrading from V6 to TV 360 but have a few concerns regarding pairing the remote with my external amplifier to control the volume.

At the moment, my V6 connects to my Cyrus amplifier via an optical / toslink cable. I followed the method outlined in the article 'How to control AV devices with your remote control' and kept pressing 'channel up' until it found the correct code and worked.

Therefore, I don't actually know the code that works and it must be a 'compatible' code since Cyrus isn't a brand specifically listed on any Virgin remote control code sheets.

How does this work with the TV 360 remote? Is there a way it can try all the codes until it finds the correct code as the V6 remote does?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV 360 Remote. Controlling volume on external amplifier.

It's done via the box, you can manually type the name of the amp and if its in the database it will come up, the box then programs the remote

https://citationsupporthelp.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/47000702226-citation-bar-zig...

IMG_20210514_165820__01.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
asha_bristol
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone know if Cyrus is in the list of amplifiers? What happens if it's not in the list? 

0 Kudos
roy247
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Don't know if Cyrus is on the list but if it doesn't recognise your amp you keep pressing volume up until the volume does go up, you press volume up, and if the volume doesn't change you select no and then have another go but take your time at pressing no for some reason it seems to be slow to respond when setting up, but it is ok when set.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi asha_bristol,

The manufacturer cyrus is listed.

The 360 gives two options.

1. Enter the device model number

or  2. Start key testing (volume up)

Perhaps if you tell us your model somebody may have the same equipment and can confirm if it works.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
asha_bristol
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for everyone's help. This has put my mind at rest. My amp is a Cyrus i9 XR but as far as I'm aware the remote codes used by Cyrus have been the same for several years now so at least one of the options should work.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi again asha,

It's listed when searching by name  Cyrus i9 XR  😁

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos