Menu
PaulyP
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

TV 360 Questions

Hi

I've just recently noticed the TV360 on you tube and came here to hopefully find a link of FAQs but I can seem to find any so I'll just ask a few questions if someone can help with some answers please.

Question 1) Can you still have 2 independent main boxes on the 360 service like you can with V6.

Currently we can record up to 12 programmes at once with 2 V6 boxes and have 2TB of storage. The 360 service seems to reduce that to 6 recordings and only 1 TB of storage which is a downgrade in my view.

Question 2) If you can still have 2 boxes that work in dependently, can you get a mini box as well for a total of 3 devices?

Question 3) Again, if you can have 2 main boxes to be able to record 12 programmes at once on 2TB and one box fails will you be able to replace with a similar main box or will you be forced to have a mini box?

Question 4) Assuming mini boxes are the only option, can they be linked by network cable rather than Wi-Fi?

My property is old (very thick brick walls) and spread out and Wi-Fi is not an option. I have network cabling between the separate areas and would want to use that.

Question 5) Series link and recording online new programmes seems to be an issue from what I have read in other posts. Is there a fix on the way imminently or is this something that could take 6 months?

Question 6) Are Virgin stopping the V6 box?

I moved away from Sky TV (been with virgin on broadband for 20 years) because of the shared Q box (rather than individual boxes) and wifi link between the smaller hub and the main box and the smaller box not being HD. I am worried that Virgin are heading this way as well, which if that was the case I suppose opens up Sky as an option again if virgin are no better than Sky, though I am used to virgin now.

Hope someone can clarify a few of points for me as I don't want to upgrade if it's not going to work for our situation and set up.

Many thanks 

PaulyP

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV 360 Questions

Hi I don't work for virgin and the answers below are put together from what I have learnt from the trial I am on where the V6 boxes get updated and from the moderators and virgin staff on these forums 

1) currently you get 1 main box and 1 mini and both have to connect via COAX for live TV. There is a trial at the moment which means your current V6 boxes get updated to the TV360 software so you keep your 12 recording and 2TB. Once the trial is finished hopefully you will be able to use this option.

2) In theory you will be able to have 3 boxes once all the trials are over and all will need to be connected by COAX for live TV.

3) currently unknown but in theory i am sure you could get it replaced with another main box.

4) The mini boxes need to be connected by COAX for TV and the on demand etc can be done via WiFi or Ethernet

5) this is currently being looked into currently there is no time frame. Hopefully it wont take 6 months

6) Virgin have now stopped supplying V6 boxes for all new customers and they can only get TV360. Also existing customers  need to be on the ultimate oomph bundle to update. In time everyone will get switch to TV360 as the TiVo license will expire and it would also make sense to have all users on the same in house platform. I would imagine this will be over a year away 

PaulyP
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV 360 Questions

Thanks for the info - that's very helpful.
0 Kudos