Menu
Culinho33
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

TV 360 Query

Hi all,

My understanding is this box is still being updated as and when. I have come across a couple of problems which are quite inconvenient,

I currently have the basic package which means you only have a few HD channels. If I want to use the catch up service to watch something on ITVBe this is not an option as catch up only allows you to watch it in HD. ITVBe HD is not included with the basic package which means if I try to watch anything that was on this channel I would have to subscribe to a higher package. Now there are a few options to get around this like screen sharing from your mobile/tablet on the ITVHub app, but it would be much simpler if the box either gave you the option to watch in SD/HD or Virgin upload the actual ITV HUB app to the box. 

On a side note does any one know if more apps will be added to the box as it is weird they have BBC Iplayer but no ITV Hub or All4.

0 Kudos
LoneSpeaker
Up to speed
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV 360 Query

ITV Hub is on the TV360 system, but not in Scotland from what I understand.

0 Kudos
martinianpaul
Up to speed
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

TBH until the apps on the 360 match those on the Tivo, I'm casting most ITV / C4 / E4 / Fox etc stuff from my tablet.  

0 Kudos
mwarby
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

There is an STV app though, not sure how much that differs from the ITV app

0 Kudos
coresaint
Dialled in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

What apps are there? I can't seem to find this information. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

All4, My5 etc are not apps in their own right but content is accessible via the Catch Up menu by selecting from the channel drop down.

Al Jazeera, BBC iPlayer, BBC Sounds, CNN, Deutsche Welle, France 24

Netflix, Prime Video, Radio Line, STV Player, TV Upgrades, VEVO, VM Store, WSJ and You Tube

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
coresaint
Dialled in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

excellent

I thought I heard somewhere disney+ was meant to be coming to it?
I assume eventually ITV, all4 and 5 will arrive. I did also think Starzplay would eventually launch an app. 

0 Kudos
KeithLeonard
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

ITV is on the 360 box at present in England.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi again coresaint,

I would expect ITV hub, All4 and My5 to arrive once the TV companies have made the app for the TV360. 

I've no idea about Starzplay, but if you have a Firestick then have a look at Amazon as they keep having offers for Starzplay  (currently 99p a month for the first three months)

Info from https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2020/11/10/virgin-media-launches-tv-360-platform/ 

There are currently no plans to integrate Disney+, but chief digital officer David Bouchier said that Disney is a strong partner of Virgin’s, and expressed confidence that the app will arrive “next year”. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi KeithLeonard,

Thanks for that info about ITV hub, I thought it was just the STV Player at present.

Dave

0 Kudos