Menu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

TV 360 Order - Trackable?

Hi,

Can anyone help? Booked TV 360 installation for 11th Jan (engineer) as upgrading current package/2 V6 boxes.

Had a call from Virgin on Monday morning offering me a self-install and was told the new boxes will arrive tomorrow (Thursday). I've received no confirmation that the order was changed from engineer visit to self-install and nothing showing in My Virgin Media (no orders to track).

Spoke with CS by text yesterday who could not confirm that the order is now self-install.

Are TV 360 orders trackable? Can anyone shed any light on this, please?

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV 360 Order - Trackable?

once the order goes through under the My account section virgin will show the delivery date that it is expected to be delivered by Yodel. Once it is on the Van out for delivery Yodel will text you the 2 hour slot it will arrive in,

roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

If the engineer was booked for January you would assume the kit was not going to be available until then, in which case there would be no tracking until it is despatched. Do you know if you are getting TV360 boxes or just remotes and a software download to update your existing boxes. If it is just the remotes and software you won't get an engineer. You don't really need one for the boxes as it is just a case of disconnecting the cables and swopping the boxes out, Virgin will send a link to your mobile for you to activate when ready. Self install will save you an installation fee unless you have a deal for free installation.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks both. I spoke to CS today and explained it had been booked as a visit in 11/1 but I’d received a call to say it was being changed to self install for delivery on 17/12. 

The adviser told me the system was still showing as an engineer visit for 11/1 because the connections are different and it needs an engineer? Is that right?

I’m none the wiser really. It’s a replacement of my current V6 boxes. 

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

The connections are identical on the Humax New boxes as they are on the V6 boxes so not sure why you was told that they were different 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

That’s what I thought 🙈

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

They do send new HDMI cables and say use those, I assume that's to cover themselves if you don't have 4k HDMI cables, but you don't need an engineer for that. 

0 Kudos
jittzdulay
Joining in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I too have upgraded to oomph and so far the service from virgin is absolutely shocking. I was told my new equipment was arriving 16/12/20, I booked a day off work only to be sent a message at 11am on the day that there is now a delay and they can't provide me a new date as of yet. Spoke to customer service who were no help at all, did not appreciate I had wasted a day off from work to sit at home waiting for their kit that did not arrive. Surely if there is equipment shortages they should not be giving a delivery date unless they have equipment reserved for the customer. Also at least give me some notice like a day or 2 before that my kit won't arrive. But instead they wait till the day then decide to let you down. I have no TV now due to canceling my services with sky. VERY VERY POOR service from Virgin. 

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

If it's a new Virgin install you will need an engineer visit booked as well, the engineer would have in the past brought the boxes with him. If you are a returning customer so have cable already installed you may not need an engineer, unless they want to install and check signal levels.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I'm an existing Oomph customer migrating from two V6 boxes to the new TV 360 service so this could easily have been self install if the connections are the same.

0 Kudos