cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 Minibox Return

Bolehill
Dialled in

As part of my 360 upgrade I was given a 360 mini box.  I'm not using this and I don't think I'm ever going to use it.  Almost all of the functionality of the mini-box can be replicated with a PC running the TV Go app (I'm using a small form factor pc) hooked up to my second TV.  It's connected to the hub via wi-fi and works well.

Can someone advise how I can return the mini box and remote please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Bolehill wrote:

As I stated initially, I simply want to return the minibox, I'm not seeking a renegotiation of my contract.

I know it's not what you intend, but if the additional box is an integral part of your contract package, then returning it probably will provoke a package change.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does your package include this additional box, or are you specifically paying extra for multiroom? It's not the 360-conversion that's triggered this, but something about your package.

If the latter, your question is effectively "can I cancel an additional box".

If it's inclusive, then asking to cancel it could cause knock-on effects to your bundle discounts and you could be better off keeping it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Bolehill 

If it's included in your package pricing ie Ultimate volt or Ultimate Oomph then I would keep it as a back up in case you had a problem with the main box - then switch back to the replacement  main box.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

If you do keep the mini box you will need to make sure it gets connected regularly so it doesn't get deactivated so you will still be able to use it as a backup.

Also if you send it back and it doesn't show on your account then if you decide to leave Virgin you might get charged for it.

Thanks to all for the helpful replies.

As I stated initially, I simply want to return the minibox, I'm not seeking a renegotiation of my contract.  If it is returned then clearly I'd ask for a proof of delivery/receipt.

The set up I've assembled does a fantastic job over a wi-fi connection, something the minibox can't do (even though that was promised by the agent at the time I renewed).  When my current contract is up for renewal, I'll have a very good idea what I actually need, compared to what VM will try to sell me.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Bolehill wrote:

As I stated initially, I simply want to return the minibox, I'm not seeking a renegotiation of my contract.

I know it's not what you intend, but if the additional box is an integral part of your contract package, then returning it probably will provoke a package change.

Thanks japitts.

Best leave well alone.  The mini-box is now in the cupboard under the stairs!