Menu
SuperHiway
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV 360 Manual Recording

On the Tivo box I could set up a manual recording.  Anyone know how I can do this on TV 360.

Specifically I want to grab the Downing St briefing that is frequently included in the 1700-1745 BBC News (601).  Previously a manual series could do this every day after a single set-up.  However as far as I can see the only way to record TV 360 is though the programme guide.  With a series link this appears to result in something like a recording of each hourly news programme each day and not just the 17:00 one.

Any advice would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV 360 Manual Recording

Hi SuperHiway,

Unfortunately the answer is no, there is no way I have found to do a proper manual recording. You have to record by selecting the program from the guide and hope the program title doesn't change on the guide because if it does it won't record. Had this happen when I set football to record on a Saturday afternoon and the title changed to Saturday Night Football.

0 Kudos
SuperHiway
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi roy247,

Thanks for the fast response.  I noticed some reports were that TV 360 involved some backward steps and documentation issues.

My prior box was the plain old Tivo.  Do you think that I might be better asking for the V6 that was actually on my upgrade order.  Or are the problems with V6 best bypassed?

Thanks for your view on this.

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you are upgrading from the old Tivo box as far as I know you will get a 360 box especially if you have asked to upgrade, is the Tivo box the only box you have. The software update to the V6 box seems to be by invitation only. I am only going from what some people  have posted on here but they have said they expected to get V6 and got 360.

I got invited to go from V6 to 360 box swap so have not had the problems V6 to 360 software update users have had. At the end of the day everyone will be using 360 at some point.

0 Kudos