Menu
DarrenjuggIns
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV 360 Impressions

Hi All,

Considering some of the comments I’ve read about TV 360 on here, I was apprehensive after ordering the upgrade.

Apart from the false start with the self install, that’s now be rectified, very quickly I may add, here is my experience so far....

firstly, the interface is very slick and navigation is speedy via the remote.

it’s great to see a menu system that is consistent, unlike TiVo which was up to date on the top level, but was like jumping back in term as you navigated deeper, like windows 10, where you hit many windows 7 elements as you dig deeper into the menu systems.

no such thing with the TV 360 interface.

be warned, it’s simplified compared to the TiVo, but actually that isn’t a bad thing, the options on display are useful, took me a bit to realise where the recordings where, it’s now referred to a saved. 

So a little bit of getting used to new wordings in the menu system, but delve into them and the language is very clean and straightforward.

the start from the beginning option when jumping to a programme is clever and I do like the profiles, which allows you just to identify the programmes you want and order them as you wish, great to cut out what you aren’t interested in, but it’s easy enough to jump back into the shared profile to see them all again...

I’ve already started to add back the programmes I like, yes it is a but of a pain that they don’t transfer over, but hey, it’s not a deal breaker.

the remote, works well, responsive and didn’t take long to find the code and program my amp volume in.

So far, so good with it all, it’s much more usable than I’d expected after reading some of the other posts, so at this point I’m really happy to have upgraded.

hope this helps others considering the switch.

kindest Regards

Darren

TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV 360 Impressions

I agree the TV360 is a big step in the right direction. It is so much better than the out of date style Tivo software and it will only get better. Yes there are a few things missing that Tivo had but I am sure they will get added down the line. Also now it is Virgin's (Liberty's) own software they can push updates and fixes much quicker. I am looking forward to some things being added like more control over recording's which is being looked into already and also i miss having Netflix and Amazon programs etc missing when you search but I am sure this will get added soon to. Overall I love the new software there are so many more positives than negatives

DarrenjuggIns
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Quick update :

im sure others have found this, but if you use the left and right buttons next to the “OK” button whilst watching a recording you get 30 Sec increments going forward and 10 Sec increments going backwards, makes flying through adverts a breeze.

Also the TV button offers you to flick from your current channel to the previous channel you where watching, so if you like to keep an eye on one show and look at another during the adverts you can use this button to jump backwards and forwards, not something I really use, but may be useful for some.

Finally for now, hadn’t realised until it was darker, but the Remote lights up all the buttons, which is a nice feature.

0 Kudos
BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@DarrenjuggIns wrote:

Quick update :

im sure others have found this, but if you use the left and right buttons next to the “OK” button whilst watching a recording you get 30 Sec increments going forward and 10 Sec increments going backwards, makes flying through adverts a breeze.

Also the TV button offers you to flick from your current channel to the previous channel you where watching, so if you like to keep an eye on one show and look at another during the adverts you can use this button to jump backwards and forwards, not something I really use, but may be useful for some.

Finally for now, hadn’t realised until it was darker, but the Remote lights up all the buttons, which is a nice feature.

Have you tried holding down the fast forward button when watching something? You can scan through it, just let go when you get to the point you want.

btw these and other tips and tricks are in the user guide. Did you get one? 

0 Kudos
DarrenjuggIns
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thanks Bluelou,

I did receive the both the guide and the set up leaflet in the box.

I’ve just looked through again and found the scanning using the << >>, thank you.

as with all systems, the designers enjoy adding additions which maybe don’t make the user guide, for example the left and right function of the triangles next to the OK button allowing you to  jump 30s forward and 10s back which is extremely useful but in the Say it, see it, with your Virgin TV 360 Remote it doesn’t have any Specific purpose given to it at all.

I always enjoy finding new stuff out, for example after having 2 apple home pods since launch I only just realised from a you tube video the ability to tap my phone transfers a call or music in by hand off... go figure, so it’s always nice to really test and find all the functions (which have been included, but maybe not talked about).

Keep the help coming, I’m really enjoying the upgrade.

0 Kudos