cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 HDR

Elliotdp
Joining in

Is there a way to turn if HDR on the newly added sky sports UHD channels?

The HDR is very very dark, too dark. This is probably down too the TV. However I can not turn HDR off on the TV.

So is it possible to turn if HDR through the TV360 box, because unfortunately. The added resolution isn't worth the extra cost when it creates such a dark picture.

Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8

roy247
Superstar

There is no option to turn HDR off on the 360 box.

You could try changing the gamma setting on your TV if it has one, if it's set to 2.2 try changing to 2.0 or lower and see if it improves, also check that the HDMI input you are using is HDR compatible, I have read that on some TV's not all the HDMI's are HDR compatible but it didn't say which manufacturers or models.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How to Enable 4K/HDR on some TV brands - (change to OFF instead of ON in the instructions to disable it)

Each television set has its own unique settings to navigate to. The folllowing are rough instructions for some of the most popular makes, but you should  check the manual that came with your TV for the most accurate settings.

LG Settings -> All Settings -> General -> HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color -> Enable (on desired port)

Panasonic Menu -> Setup -> HDMI HDR Setting -> HDMI port (where your box is connected to) -> Change to “On”

Philips Menu -> Setup -> TV Settings -> Installation -> Preferences -> HDMI mode -> HDMI port (where your box is connected to) -> Switch to “Normal”

Samsung Settings -> Picture -> Expert Settings (or Picture Options) -> HDMI UHD Color -> Turn “On” HDMI UHD Color

Sony Bravia Home -> Settings -> External Inputs -> HDMI signal format -> Change to Enhanced format (the default is Standard)

Vizio SmartCast -> Settings -> Inputs -> HDMI Color Subsampling -> Enable HDR

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I hope LG users may find the following hidden picture settings useful

Long press the Settings button then General > Additional Settings > Quick Start + > if it's turned ON then turn it Off - apparently it affects the TV processing power and may help with HDR picture settings.

Also go to Settings > All Settings > Picture > Additional settings > HDMI Ultra HD Colour > try turning it On and OFF for the connected HDMI port (mine is set to on)

You should also be able to bring up a hidden picture menu by going to Settings > All Settings > Picture > hover the onscreen cursor over Picture mode Settings and type in 1113111

You can play around with those settings-
Try turning on BT 2020 color support under Colimetry and also under Mastering Color which is the one BT and BBC iPlayer use - this might make a difference

Also try the various options under EOTF (Auto, SDR Gamma, HDR Gamma, ST2084, HLG)

Picture below shows the additional hidden colour settings - you can also reset from that screen if everything is messed up

LG hidden picture settingsLG hidden picture settings

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@newapollo wrote:

I hope LG users may find the following hidden picture settings useful

Long press the Settings button then General > Additional Settings > Quick Start + > if it's turned ON then turn it Off - apparently it affects the TV processing power and may help with HDR picture settings.

Also go to Settings > All Settings > Picture > Additional settings > HDMI Ultra HD Colour > try turning it On and OFF for the connected HDMI port (mine is set to on)

You should also be able to bring up a hidden picture menu by going to Settings > All Settings > Picture > hover the onscreen cursor over Picture mode Settings and type in 1113111

You can play around with those settings-
Try turning on BT 2020 color support under Colimetry and also under Mastering Color which is the one BT and BBC iPlayer use - this might make a difference

Also try the various options under EOTF (Auto, SDR Gamma, HDR Gamma, ST2084, HLG)

Picture below shows the additional hidden colour settings - you can also reset from that screen if everything is messed up

LG hidden picture settingsLG hidden picture settings

Thank you, had my 65CX for a few years and didn't know about the secret menu!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Vip Volt Gig1 with Sky Cinema and Sports UHD
VM Telly Tablet
VM mobile

HavencroftKev
Rising star

I bet you have a Samsung TV?

Hisense TV

philiprolston19
Tuning in

I second this mate virgin need an option on the box to turn off HDR like the sky boxes 

SLE71R
Tuning in

I notice TNT Sports the new BT Sport channels , actually play their Ultimate Channel in HLG/ HDR now ,so you may need to change your setting LG has a few Cinema Home / User , Game , Filmmaker etc....